C17 in Finland: narrow upper side panels

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
molaine
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

C17 in Finland: narrow upper side panels

Post by molaine »

Hiya,

below are a couple of pictures of the boat at the moment. There was some discussion about the upper side panels earlier, so I wanted to show what the narrower version looks like, now that it's painted. Not very fair compared to some others I'm afraid :-/, but will hopefully float...

I asked a question about PU-paints in the resins etc. section. If anyone can help there, would be much appreciated. I'm afraid I have to sand the whole thing down to epoxy and start all over again. Well, good excuse to make it fairer. :roll:

the bow; will fair the top of the rubrail after roll over

full side view; you can see the glassfiger edges from under the paint

and a closer look at the side

there's a couple more pictures in my gallery and will post more after it's rolled over. Looks like a light house right now, but I like it!

Markus

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Markus she looks very good, sorry about your paint problems. but the boat sure does look very good and I like the colors.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

molaine
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by molaine »

Thanks for the positive comments Tom! Started sanding now and will paint it again this week. This time the outcome should be better.

Have looked at your pics a few times. Makes me want to work faster to get on the water, great looking boat!

I was seriously thinking about George Calkins' 19' Bartender first. Good thing my garage is too small to build one. Still love the bartender design tho.. Although building the C17 is still a handful for a bloody beginner like me, I'm really happy how she's coming together (paint problems aside :) ) and the looks.

Markus