ob17 - motorwell soles and top of station E

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Leif
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Leif »

Jacques, First of all, thanks for the prompt and thoughtfull response. In looking at the nesting page, I saw 2 motorwell soles. I can´t find them elsewhere.Are they duplicates of the motorwell tops, or at least a function of them ? Secondly, I´m cutting station E and the top looks like it´s arched, with the apex of the arc at the top center point. I´m confused, because it seems like it should be curved, but it´s not called out. Thanks, Leif
leif yeckley

Ola
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Ola »

Hi Leif sorry I intervene here, but see my question of motorwell soles 12.9.2002 at this same forum.<BR>I was also confused of the camber of the stations when I got the drawings. On drawing D223/4 all the stations except station A seems to have camber (or radius ) on top - the side against side deck, front deck etc but drawing does not show any radius there. I asked this from Jacques by e-mail before I started to use this forum and he answered that all the dimensions are there. So I cut all these lines straight without camber. Hope it was a right decision. <BR><BR>Ola <BR><BR><BR><BR><font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Ola on 28-10-2002 01:22 ]</font>
Malum est consilium quod mutari non potest

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Camber: I think he is talking about the top of the motorwell bulkhead. The dimension is there but I can´t tell you where before Monday: I am not at the office.<BR>For the bottom camber: we show it if necessary.<BR>I remember discussing this on the old message board. Try a search.<BR>For the sole, it´s also there, please check again.<BR>Anyway, you are not cutting the sole now, that´s for later.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com