Completed FS17

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Completed FS17

Post by tech_support »

I received pictures of a completed FS17 built in Crystal River area of FL.

Finish is first rate. Paint is sterling, all the supplies came from us. Hopefully the builder will chime in a share more on his build.

ENGINE IS MORE THAN WE RECOMMEND

Here is a link to the gallery of 40 images

http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=914

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Very nice looking boat indeed. Needs a T-top maybe. Performance must be good with that much HP.
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

donk
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by donk »

Another beautiful boat from out of nowhere. He sure did a nice job. Get on board and take some well deserved bows!!

don

jgroves
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jgroves »

:D Great looking boat. I love being supprised with a new boat built! Please tell the builder he/she should do some braggin' so we can get performance numbers with the 60. :D

Spokaloo
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Spokaloo »

eek.... following seas with that much engine.....

E

KRE
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by KRE »

Thanks for all of the complements. The proof of the build will be this weekend. I hope to have the rub rail installed and the Fl regestration by then. Let's hope the waterline is somewhere below the new rubrail!

I'm also a little concerned about the remaining freeboard aft with the larger engine. I kinda used jgroves FS17 as a mobel. He didnt appear to have any issue with the weight of his Honda. The Yamaha weighs about 32 pounds more. I just hope the 19 gallons of fuel weight in the bow will compensate for it.

jgroves
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jgroves »

KRE,
Certainly a beautiful boat! I think you will be fine with the 60's 32 extra pounds. I like the additions to the motorwell and the bow. Make sure you post some info and PICTURES once you get her on the water! Very exciting time. Congrats.

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Pretty boat KRE. Any idea of hull weight. Look forward to your numbers and handling when you get on the water. Since your in CR guess you'll have to bring her to the Meeting in April. :D

Tom

topwater

Post by topwater »

nice job :!: there are some very nice details on youre boat.

Lower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lower »

Beautiful job KRE! Very nice boat...you should be proud.

I think the part I love best about seeing new boats built is how the builder modifies the boat to his/her particular needs. You don't really see too many identical boats. These FS17's are sure a great example. Jeremy's vs KRE's vs. Steve's high sides vs. Joels low sheer etc.

Again...very nice boat!