Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by terrulian »

Great video!
I like "bow candy" for the wife...but I don't know how she'd like it up there. 8O
Boat sits beautifully in the water. I wouldn't say that when I was building mine I doubted that it would, but still, it's a whole different feeling when it looks and behaves so well on the water. I've taken some videos from on board and am still working on that but as yet haven't really captured how it feels.

Congrats!
Tony

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Congrats Jaysen! Well Done!!

topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by topwater »

The boat looks great and moves well on the water , a great launch :!: Glad to see that Mr Murphy took the day off .
Can't wait to see her under sail, now get back to work :wink:
Novi 23 finally launched !

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Thanks guys.

Just got back from lowes. Will have pics and more in a bit.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Initial cart build is a fail. I think it is more a "modified part" than a real issues of "not the right material". The one spot I'm seeing a possible issue is the axle "T". Too much flex. Axle member needs to be solid. Need to figure that out still.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Catching up on the weekend photos...

This is the original cart. It did not like the heavy build of Lil bit.

And when I say "did not like" I mean ... it laid down and had a temper tantrum about out.

Luckily my neighbors are fans of Lil Bit so they got her in the water and then got her home. Since I had her off the cradle I moved it to the final location as directed by the boss and put my temporary home made cover on her. I need to work on the cover some more but I like how it's starting to come together.

Since I needed a cart, two actually, One for Liil Bit and the other to replace the no longer living kayak cart.

My doing some "precision" work. Actually, I did make it pretty exact just to be safe with how Lil Bit would sit on it.

Here's the axle assembly. This was the original one that failed. That fail was due to some old cement. I went back to the store and got more supplies and cement to rebuild.

And here we are! The bow is expected. The wheels work well, but my actual axle (!/2" stainless bolt, a couple of washer, lock nut) is not playing nice nice with the wheel. Worked well enough for me to show it conceptually this evening. Cheers from the neighbors. I have ideas on how to fix it.

The bunks will be trimmed and curved a bet. I have not run a cross or tongue yet. Just using it like a cart.

All in all the cart plan is working. I need to fix a few things, but I'm good with it for now.

If you noticed the pile of wood in the supply shot you can probably guess what I'm starting tomorrow. I'm still thinking up a profile template to make the shaping easier. Thinking 1/4" ply and a trim bit. Clamp it all together, drill peg holes, dry peg, trim with router, disassemble, glue. Problem is that it only works in one dimension. still thinking...

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Hi,
I have the same cart as your old bust one and I managed to move my FS13 and the heavy 45 kg Micro Petrel around with it quite well without the alu parts bending. Maybe you got a Monday cart with too thin alu. I like your new cart and I am always learning how to improve our world around boats. Wish you further lots of fun with your new boat and I am looking forward to your first sail.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Jaysen Lil Bit has turned out really nice :!: :!: You should be well pleased with yourself.

cape man

Post by cape man »

What if you ran a piece of 1/2" all thread through the pipe as an axel?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, Lil Bit looks great!! Really nice colors!! Jeff