Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Jaysen's V12 -- 'Lil Bit' of everything fun

Post by terrulian »

I actually rigged a block and tackle with a scale to weigh mine. It was accurate but it cost me a little for the scale...however, don't you guys all have fish scales that weigh upwards of 150??? :D
Tony

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Evening work fail...

Went to work on mast. Broke screw driver. Broke second screwdriver. Broke screw. Swore. Drank beer.

Now that I'm out of tools to work on mast will turn attention to making spar tomorrow.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

cape man wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:33 pm Oh yeah...subtract the weight of the men :roll: :roll: :doh: :D
I was tempted to say something about a 600# V-12 but I am going to pass :roll:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 10:23 pm
cape man wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 3:33 pm Oh yeah...subtract the weight of the men :roll: :roll: :doh: :D
I was tempted to say something about a 600# V-12 but I am going to pass :roll:
Funny man. Funny.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

I am just like the S.O.B. tool. You love me but do not want to admit it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

If I had a scale that could take 50lb more I'd just flip the hull, lift her on my back and step on scale. I moved her like that before painting. And seats. And foam. Hmmm... that's a bad idea.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 10:37 pm I am just like the S.O.B. tool. You love me but do not want to admit it :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you were like that SOB tool it take you out back and dispose of you in a hole. That's what's about to happen to the sob

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

:cry:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

If that SOB eats another blade or sanding pad I will kill it. Kill it i tell you. Kill it with 0.40" of lead, arrows, fire, bricks and anything else that will end it.

I
Hate
That
Tool

But it is useful. Which makes me hate it even more.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

I have about 6 sanding pads. The only way I can keep the sanding disk on the pad is to use spray adhesive. It is a pain to peel them off but at least I can get some use out of them. The blades are way over priced but I have found so many uses for them I just buck up and buy them.