CV16 Caravelle ks8 - more photos of caprails around Cuddy

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

CV16 Caravelle ks8 - more photos of caprails around Cuddy

Post by ks8 »

I've added a few more CuddyTop Caprail (railcap?) pictures to the gallery. More to follow. I hope the 4x layout isn't making each photo too small. I'm trying to minimize the total number of pictures while giving the most points of view.

http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=235

These pics were spring 2004. If you want a better rez single picture of any of these, list the pic number and the blue circle number and I'll upload a larger version.

Sincerely,
ks

chrisobee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: CV16 Caravelle ks8 - more photos of caprails around Cudd

Post by chrisobee »

ks8 wrote:I've added a few more CuddyTop Caprail (railcap?) pictures to the gallery. More to follow. I hope the 4x layout isn't making each photo too small. I'm trying to minimize the total number of pictures while giving the most points of view.

http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=235

These pics were spring 2004. If you want a better rez single picture of any of these, list the pic number and the blue circle number and I'll upload a larger version.

Sincerely,
ks
As always KS looking good. You just help but add on the mods can you? :D

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Though it did not matter much up front, they add much stiffness to the cockpit area, give a good grip, add a little freeboard, and still may end up being bright finished even though only doug fir. And, they are Practice for the next project. I had to repair the roof on the tent after the big snowfall. The first 3 x 4 inch hole opened up, but the *cathedral* kept snow out of the boat. Soon there will be more duct tape than tent... yet it has held up, more or less, 4 years in Northeast weather... not bad.

After looking in there, .... I've got to finish this this year. The bay is icing up again... I'll have to look into that mod for ice runners. 8)

ks

andrew lucking
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: CV16 Caravelle ks8 - more photos of caprails around Cudd

Post by andrew lucking »

Man that looks good! I should hope you're thinking about finishing atleast some of it bright.
ks8 wrote: These pics were spring 2004.
:doh: I was so eager to look at the photos that I missed this first read through. Sure was confused when I couldn't locate that sweet console you built (this summer?) in those pics.

Cheers,
A.

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by ks8 »

Thanks for the encouragement guys...

I flip flop on the bright finish every other week. I didn't do all the scarfs with color matched filler. Consequently, some shout at you. I may not permanently decide until I'm mixing paint. They are not teak or mahoghany, but they do not look bad for humble doug fir.

How goes things in the hayloft Andrew?

sincerely,
ks

Steve_MA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Steve_MA »

What kind of hardware are you using for hatches? I looks like I see recessed hardware......

I am trying to figure out what my options are for hardware (if I use any) for my seat/hatch covers. I think I can get recessed pulls, but I dont want hinges above the plane of the seat/hatch cover..

chrisobee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by chrisobee »

Steve_MA wrote:What kind of hardware are you using for hatches? I looks like I see recessed hardware......

I am trying to figure out what my options are for hardware (if I use any) for my seat/hatch covers. I think I can get recessed pulls, but I dont want hinges above the plane of the seat/hatch cover..
Don't let KS be humble he hand crafted his hatches.

Jonnas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jonnas »

Hello KS,

Just found your newest pictures at the builders gallery but had a hard time finding this thread ... It seems you now consider your Caravelle a "small boat" :D ...

As always it's looking good. Congratulations.

Best regards.
JG

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

I moved this thread to the Builder's section, sail boats.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

popiworks
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Tent Construction

Post by popiworks »

Hello KS

Am I to understand that you are building inside a tent? If so have you found it dry enough to protect your project?

Your pictures look great - nice craftmanship.