HMD19 Penny is launched, July 30, Marc aka blueflood

Post your launchings, and post-launch adventures here. Please keep the to plan/date format.
blueflood
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: HMD19 Penny is launched, July 30, Marc aka blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hi fallguy1000,

The boat is on dry land now but yes I think the bugs have been worked out. I experimented with weight distribution and things are looking better with trim. She needs quite a bit forward, say 100-150 pounds towards the bow.

I also did the winterizing with new properly gapped plugs etc..the stock ones fitted were off spec quite a bit and also at different gaps.

Other bugs were mostly design related - things I should not have done or went too complicated but I can live with them. In retrospect I would not have installed the $$ cabin roof Bomar hatch and not place the AGM battery in the aft locker (should be under the port cabin seat for weight). Scratch the permanent under sole custom 12 gal gas tank - stick with cheaper portables and forget under sole gas hoses, fittings and building hassles (and worry) Use the space for a locker instead.

The rest is all good, design wise.
Can't wait for spring / summer 😁 It is going to be a long long winter 😩

Good to see more HMD19 being built !
Hope things are great with you.
Marc

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Winter here is also near.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Does two foot of snow and -2f mean winter is here :doh: If so then we got it :roll:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I thought was standard summer for you.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Wow Fuzz, we are still in the mid-80's!!! But we do have a hurricane headed to Florida!!! Jeff

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Jeff wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:55 pm Wow Fuzz, we are still in the mid-80's!!! But we do have a hurricane headed to Florida!!! Jeff
High 80s here, so yeah, winter also.

Would that be a winter hurricane? Seems very late for that kind of weather.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

blueflood

Post by blueflood »

Hey Fuzz, Jaysen, Jeff, fallguy1000 and Orange Quest :D
Good to read entries from you guys.

That's what separates boys from men 8)

We have friends at church which came to Canada (Montreal) from Oz - first thing was to shop for real boots, coat, mitts and toque. Man, they are in for one rude surprise :lol: Told them to go out, embrace and enjoy winter with X country skiing or snow shoes because it will feel like a mood destroying depressing 5 months otherwise. Snowmobile is even better if you can afford that.

BTW, should I not get the "expert" label since I have built / splashed a BBC design ? (not that I am one tho)

Marc

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

blueflood wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:27 am BTW, should I not get the "expert" label since I have built / splashed a BBC design ? (not that I am one tho)
You made a compelling argument. :D
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.