Builders Forum

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Builders Forum

Post by Jeff »

Just checking the speed of the Forum. Jeff

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Builders Forum

Post by gonandkarl »

Yes it was already much faster. It took 30 seconds before I got the reply screen.
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Something is wrong for me. It is taking the forum too long to accept my replies (seriously).

I am wondering if all my posts are getting approved by DeSantis first (humorously).

Although this one went fine?

Dan
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

The same with me fallguy. I timed one and it took 20 seconds. Some go fine others are as slow as molasses. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

It’s all about backend services. Backups take time to run and when things go sideways… they go sideways. Sorry folks. Not much we can do about it right now.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

I have to hit submit again and then it says I can't post again so soon. So, something happens, but it doesn't register back here.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

fallguy1000 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:48 pm I have to hit submit again and then it says I can't post again so soon. So, something happens, but it doesn't register back here.
Try hitting the recycle button after you reply. It sometimes help bring your post up.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Jaysen something is still wrong with the link. I timed out twice this morning sending a reply. A screen came up that showed the connections were fine till it got to Bateau and then an error 504 was indicated. I waited 5-10 seconds more and resent it and it went.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

TomW1 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:04 am Jaysen something is still wrong with the link. I timed out twice this morning sending a reply. A screen came up that showed the connections were fine till it got to Bateau and then an error 504 was indicated. I waited 5-10 seconds more and resent it and it went.

Tom
If you are using "Bateau" just as a habit, ok. But if you are on an URL that is bateau.com then you are "doing it wrong" somehow. Everything should be community.boatbuildercentral.com.

The timeframe of your post (3aET) is smack in the middle of server maintenance and backup. I would not be surprised by issues between 12:00a and 5:00a. Issues should not be long duration, maybe 20-30min, but there will be time in there were things are stupid.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Jaysen I got timed out just now 11:46am eastern. I checked and am using community.boatbuildercentral.com as you said in your last post to me said. This is not in the time frame you noted in your post. The timeout showed the Cloud*** in Atlanta good but that the problem was at BBC with an error message of 524.

Tom