Recent website and forum performance issues

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Recent website and forum performance issues

Post by Jaysen »

Folks,

We had a bit of a "bad player" issue. I've implemented some ... aggressive deterrents ... via our front-end provider. Hopefully, this will reduce the impact to the store and website. While this is good, this may result in a few of you getting an extra "prove you aren't someone that annoys Jaysen" type captchas. For the most part these should be automated. If your particular privacy setting won't allow the automated versions to work you will get a manual one. If you get a manual one and can't pass it ... I don't know. I would say "use a normal browser" but I get the privacy feelings. I don't have an answer for you.

Hopefully the sites will work better for a bit.

Stupid AI engines....
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Recent website and forum performance issues

Post by OrangeQuest »

Thank you for the hard work.

It was crazy slow this morning and posting the server was busy. Noticed one of the 3 (BOTS) from this morning is gone. And the 200+ users is back down to just a few. Most the time at 4 A.M. central, there is only 1 or two of us. Not 200+ guests.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Thank you Jaysen!!! Jeff

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »