knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

Post by TomW1 »

Nice Rick, good to see Lori in some of your pics. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

TomW1 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:35 pm Nice Rick, good to see Lori in some of your pics. Tom
She'l be back in a big way in the up videos. #teamwork
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Pro tip.

Throw away all clothing with epoxy on. I had a pair of underwear with a spot of epoxy about the size of a nickel. Well, one evening my left hip was hurtin and I just happened to put the heating pad on that hip on the epoxy spot. I dozed off and woke up with a terrible pain and proceeded to watch a blister grow to the size of a 50 cent piece over a 30 minute period.

So, I post cured my undershorts. But, you know, it can happen to anyone because if you have a spot of epoxy and the sun hits it hard; it'll do the same, not to mention the skin contact to that spot is repeated as well.

Anyhow, throw out clothes that get epoxy on them. Now, I'm pretty religious. A crusty spot and the thing becomes a shop rag.

Sounds to me the admiral wants her ship launched before another freezeup. Can it happen?
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Not gonna happen this year Fallguy. I still have a shitload of stuff to do. We'll see how far along I get this year. I want to get the main cabin top on and the entire outside faired and ready for paint. We'll see.

Here's a teaser of what happened today in the boat shed.

Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Lori joins me to help out tabbing the cockpit deck to the deckbeams etc.

https://youtu.be/ia-bKBlViEc
Yours Aye! Rick

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Nice. The Admiral knows epoxy---love the paint stir attachment/drill trick for stirring. After watching I wanted to take some ibuprofen in sympathy.

Dougster

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Dougster wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:23 am Nice. The Admiral knows epoxy---love the paint stir attachment/drill trick for stirring. After watching I wanted to take some ibuprofen in sympathy.

Dougster
Hey Dougster

Yeah, Lori's killing it. Keeps me hoppin'!! Think I took about a half dozen Tylenol Extra Strength. I don't remember much when I woke up 36 hrs later. :lol: Just kidding.

Today I was out cutting more holes in my hull. This time for an air inlet to a bilge blower. Right deadnuts in the transom! 8O

This pic is from our Patreon only content. If you're interested in seeing more there's a 7 day free trial. If it's not for you just cance. Admin delete if not allowed.

patreon.com/user?u=14325813

Cheers
Yours Aye! Rick

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Knottybuoyz wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:13 pm Today I was out cutting more holes in my hull. This time for an air inlet to a bilge blower. Right deadnuts in the transom! 8O

This pic is from our Patreon only content. If you're interested in seeing more there's a 7 day free trial. If it's not for you just cance. Admin delete if not allowed.

patreon.com/user?u=14325813

Cheers
The work you're doing... hard to keep those big ones moving forward without some help now and again. Hopefully Jeff will agree.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Today's vLog update: Lori joins in to knock out a small laminating job in no time. Had trouble with the sound again. Frikkin' sport camera's suck. Anyhow here ya go....

https://youtu.be/mVBE7Jkhk08

Be sure to leave a comment there. It helps a lot. Our little channel has grown quite a bit in the last year and we just passed 600 subscribers. Watch time is still lagging so sit back and relax and watch me suffer endless sanding, glassing, fairing etc.

Cheers
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Mixed up the BIGGEST batch of Marinepoxy today! It was HUGE!!!

So that's what $25 worth of epoxy looks like nowadays! :lol:

Today's vLog on YT is online now.

https://youtu.be/cDiBysWgYr4

Plugging away dirilling holes in my transom. 8O

Cheers!
Yours Aye! Rick