Forum software upgrade May 26-28, 2023

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Forum software upgrade May 26-28, 2023

Post by Jaysen »

PHPBB upgrade is complete. If you see errors, let me know.

I'm suspicious because it seems to have gone remarkably well. I only managed to consume a small amount of rum. So little in fact that the Mrs is worried that I've missed something. She has triple checked my list and all items are checked off. Post here if you encounter issues.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

There was an error with an no longer supported module (the one that added the little forum drop down tree in the breadcrumbs top of page) so I've had to disable that. I'll look into how we can get it fixed and reenabled. Weather is bad today so I may just do it myself and submit it back but... I'm too old to be responsible :)
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Well done and thanks Jaysen! :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Thank you Jaysen. :D
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Let me add my "Thank you Jaysen" to the chorus. :D

Website maintenance seems like the kind of job that nobody notices when things are working properly, so it's more often you would hear complaints than thank-you's.
Hank

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

I have not been having any issues in the forum since update. But would like to Thank you Jaysen.

Thank You!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Thank you Jaysen!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

No problem guys. I value the forum here and I know that BBC isn't an IT shop. It's the thing I can do to give back to the community here.

In other news... if we are lucky I may have managed to remove the need for that stupid "are you human" check as well this weekend. fingers crossed!

Doug N
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Doug N »

Really appreciate all the work that is done to keep this site going well.
Doug

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Jaysen I hate to complain but I have had 3 time outs tonight at various times the latest this one
posting.php?mode=reply&t=15874 just a minute or so ago.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978