Forum software upgrade May 26-28, 2023

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Forum software upgrade May 26-28, 2023

Post by Jaysen »

TomW1 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:12 am Jaysen I hate to complain but I have had 3 time outs tonight at various times the latest this one
posting.php?mode=reply&t=15874 just a minute or so ago.

Tom
Lots of "bad guys" on last night around that time.
Also a lot of general internet issues with backbone issues for Comcast and Verizon. That IP shows as being Verizon wireless.

Still working to reduce the first issue (killed off 50% of impact). Can't do much about the second.

Sorry.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

I am stuck with Verizon only service I can get Hotspot up here in the mountains, tried ATT no signal. No line service just don't do it. I get 2 maybe 3 bars on our 4G cell service don't know when we will get 5G. :cry:

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Just a thought on debugging this issue of the system hanging on submit.

It does not do it when I edit an already submitted reply, afaic tell.

Might discover the submit button for a reply and the edit button for a reply are not following same procedures.

All the best, Dan
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Another factor I'm seeing... phones vs not-phone.

I get the dup on phone but not on laptop/embedded devices. Is anyone getting delays/duplicates on "not a phone"?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

I use a laptop and there is still a delay, I got a timeout notice once. When I went back to look, my message had been posted. Based on the experiences of others here, I never submit more than once.

Edit: that took about sixty seconds before it posted, but no other issues.
Hank

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Today I tried to post a reply and it hung up, finally displayed a Timed Out error 534. I refreshed the page and was advised that another reply had been made since I began composing my message, but when I looked I saw that the other reply was mine that had posted already.

Working from a laptop computer. I do see that this thread is titled software upgrade May 26-28, so this is the wrong thread to be posting in.

Edit: this post took about sixty seconds to complete, but no error messages.
Hank