Fs14ls power

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
elijahroberts199
New Poster
New Poster

Fs14ls power

Post by elijahroberts199 »

I am new to this so this might be a stupid question. I have been looking at the fs14ls plans as a first build. I have a question in power for the boat. I have access to a recently rebuilt jet ski motor and pump with controls. Does anyone know if I might be able to use that in this boat? If not is it do to the size and maybe the large fs18 work? I saw in one of the other pist that it came with a ls version in the plans. Any thoughts would be welcome.

bklake
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Fs14ls power

Post by bklake »

One of the RBx boats was fitted with a jet ski motor. It is not easy. The builder was an employee of Boat Builder Central and had MANY builds under his belt. It can be done but it is not easy. The thread used to be stickied at the top of one of the forum sections. I don't think the FS14LS is designed for that much power and speed.

bklake
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bklake »

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Many years ago and I mean many, one our builders in the northwest built an FS14 with a jet engine on it. He fully documented it and how it went over bars in the rivers there. I don't recall the builders name but the boat was painted beige or tan.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978