AD 14 mast partner location

Sail Boats 15' and up. Please include the boat type in your question.
SP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

AD 14 mast partner location

Post by SP »

I don’t see anywhere on the plans that shows the location of the mast partner on the cabin deck. I am assuming it is probably a dimension from frame A, and then you locate the mast step to get the required mast angle of 5 degrees.

I’m looking, both metric and US plans…but don’t see it.

There is a note on D264/3 that the location is on the sail plan, but I don’t see it.

rick berrey
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: AD 14 mast partner location

Post by rick berrey »

You might send an email to the office or message one of the AD14 or 16 builders , not as many sailboat builders on here percentage wise on a given day . If no one answers your post on sailboat in a day or two then post up top and someone will help .

gonandkarl
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gonandkarl »

Hi SP,
I have built my AD14 a while ago, but I remember that the 3 thin mast partner pieces are glued down exactly forward of frame A. This gives you the location of the mast hole centre at 149 mm away from frame A . Frame A is reinforced with 2 pieces of plywood on the top. You can see these measurements of the mast partner ( remember to make 3 pieces of it to achieve the curvature of the deck at frame A ) on drawing D 264.6 . This makes a very strong mast partner from the 3 layers of frame A and the 3 angular foredeck with the 3 mast partner pieces on top. The mast angle you wish ( I only made 2 degrees ) you achieve by making the hole in the mast foot a bit rectangular which gives you possibilities to adjust the angle and then fit removable wedges fore and aft at the mast. I hope this helps you a bit and I am looking forward to lots of pictures of your build.
Greetings from Karl
All pictures of Micro Petrel AD14 and FS13 :

http://gallery.bateau2.com/index.php?cat=87433

SP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by SP »

Thank you for the help guys.