FS14 -The Ana Marie Year one.

Post your launchings, and post-launch adventures here. Please keep the to plan/date format.
OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

FS14 -The Ana Marie Year one.

Post by OrangeQuest »

I have been busy doing year one boat inspection and have a few things to note.

Forum broken, can't control post. I hit spacebar but it sent in my post instead, then couldn't edit. Trying again, hope I can post a completed post!

I removed the Flow-Rite control valve, disassembled it and found debris in the valve. I was getting a rattle from the pump at times. There were fish scales, sand, and shell in the control valve. I use strainers on all the inlets but remove them when rinsing the wells, the back flush would cause debris to settle in the valve. Need a new method to clean my tanks, pantyhose down the drain lines when cleaning?

I didn't put anything under my cleats, they have a drain slot on the outward edge, and seems what looks like rust is forming around the edges. I removed one of them and it wipes off all my 316 stainless stuff but stained the paint a rust color. I may try sealer/adhesive under the cleats leaving the slot free or would a thin plastic gasket be better?

The softer pine rub rails have several scars along the edges, they are working as they should. There are a few shallow nicks and scratches along the bottom of the hull and keel but only a few are deep enough to show the black graphite epoxy layer, nothing down to clear epoxy or bare wood yet. All screws, nuts and bolts are staying tight, as well as all the electrical connections. I am very happy with the build and the overall performance of the boat. Being one of the smaller boats on Trinity Bay, she holds her on when the bay gets rough, with speed being the key. Didn't take to many lessons on when to stay in the bayous.
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne