Sterling Paint

sterling L.P. topcoats and primers
tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Sterling Paints and Primers.

We want to rotate the inventory before spring kicks off. Sterling topcoats, primers, and reducers will be 50% off list price. To see whats available see this page....

http://boatbuildercentral.com/categories.php?id=48&paint&varnish

The discount code is "sterling50"

This offer can not be used in conjunction with any other coupons, sorry.

Joel

frazoo
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by frazoo »

Shine, I am assuming that the discount will last until the old stock is rotated out and only for those colors needing rotation from your current selection in stock? All colors in stock are listed on the order page?

thanks, frazoo
... use a bigger hammer.
Built and Using; V12, Cheap Canoe, Modified Honker 14
Strip Canoe (failed)
V12 and Honker Gone to Boat Heaven= Don't build with cheap ply

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

The only thing we are now sold out of is the Ice Blue in one gallon, everything else you see at the store is 50% off. You must type in the discount code at check out "sterling50", the shopping cart will then show the discount :)

bug_power
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by bug_power »

can you send a color chart my way?

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

we just ran out, but I will get more.

Q
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Q »

I'm confused. Is the Sterling High Build Epoxy Primer (U4749) sprayable? Which reducer for spraying then? I'm planning to be at the point of a trip down to get some Quickfare on or about the afternoon of the 16th/March (day after payday :roll: ), and this thread has me thinking primers, now. What's the "Finish" Primer?

Building just a lil' D5...
I now know without a doubt or hesitation why the chicken crossed the road.....

....it was to show the armadillo it could be done.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

We only stock the brushing catalyst and brushing reducer. There is a spraying reducer and I can order it and have it within a couple days.

Unless you do a lot of spraying with VOC solvent based paints, you will not get as good a result as you would rolling and tipping. Not to mention the safety and spraying equipment

Q
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Q »

I wouldn't want you to go through all the trouble of getting one little quart of something you don't normally stock....not when I have a West Marine 5 miles away. Joel, what do you think of Sterling's U-1289 Epoxy Reducer? On the West website it didn't specifically state it was for the high-build (4749) primer, but I couldn't find anything in their line that was. I already have all the equipment to spray, even a respirator. I tried "Rolling & Tipping" on my Robalo 5 or 6 years ago with some Brightsides Polyurethane without very good results....probably was me. :oops:

I've worked with Interlux's 216 Interthane special reducer before, but I'm not sure what it would do with a two-part epoxy primer...

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

The brushing reducer is for all the primers and paint. The catalyst is different for each primer and paint.

Q
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Q »

I read your tutorial on the rolling/tipping....I must say I was impressed! As luck would have it, my Income Tax return came in overnight. I placed an order at the order desk this morning for all of the Sterling Primer, Catalyst, and brushing Reducer but it wouldn't accept the "sterling50" discount when put into that discount box?? :doh: And, I tried it all different ways (Upper case, lower case, copy/paste) I want to pick up the order early next week if work permits me to take an afternoon off, enabling the Order desk to process today....

I'll try to check email again at least at lunchtime, but I already know I have a busy Friday ahead...

:help: :help: :help: