knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Rick, very sorry for your loss!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

My condolences Rick and Lori, losing a friend like Black Bart is heart breaking. How old was he?

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Thanks for the kind words fella's. It helps!

Bart was about 6 years old a big husky and gentle giant of a cat. Not quite Maine Coon size but pretty big. We thought we had narrowed his issue down to dental and had surgery scheduled for two weeks out. Last Friday he started to bleed from his mouth so we managed to get him into the vet on Monday. He was definitely in some distress at this point. A couple of times he cried out in extreme pain over the weekend. On Monday we had him at the vet for emergency surgery and he stayed overnight so they could monitor him. On Tuesday we went to pick him up and were called right in when the vet saw him. The news wasn't good. He, Dr. Cruickshank thinks Bart had had a heart attach over the weekend, as we described his crying out in pain, and that he had had another that morning and he wouldn't survive. He could only speculate on what may have caused the heart attachs but in his 40 yrs of being a vet he had never seen this happen to such a young cat. Likely some underlying illness involving his heart. We were utterly devistated. We had only had Bart, Bartholomew Roberts, named after the famous pirate Black Bart, for just a tad over 3 years.

Some will say "Oh he was just a cat." But he was much more than that to us. Lori and I help out with a local Trap Neuter and Release (TNR) organization and have four of our own rescues we adopted plus three fosters in our care. We care for them dearly. You invite them into your home and they steal your heart.

Bart compared to his little sister.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Rick & Lori
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

So sorry guys!! Pets are part of your family!! Jeff

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Wish it wasn't so.

Dougster

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Oh, Rick such a young boy our sympathies to you and Lori. Deb and I lost one that adopted us from the woods from cancer at a young age so we feel your heartbreak.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Oh, Rick such a young boy our sympathies to you and Lori. Deb and I lost one that adopted us from the woods from cancer at a young age, so we feel your heartbreak.

Tom

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Thanks for all the kind words on the loss of our dear Bart. They are much appreciated.
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Hey folks

It's that time of year again. Mother Nature is cooperating a bit and given me a small window to start back working on the boat. I've just released the season opener video on YouTube. Check it out. Leave a comment. Hit the Like button and Subscribe to our Channel if you haven't already. This year is shaping up to be busy and a lot of fun. We're anxiously awaiting the arrival of our Wynne Industries windows for the main cabin. A big expenditure but will certainly go a long way to turning this project into a proper looking boat. The electrical equipment is here, all Renogy, and that's the guts of what I really want to sink my teeth into! :-)

https://youtu.be/TFIHw1J93uw

Thanks for hanging in there with me. It was a long cold, dark and boring winter.

Cheers!

Rick
Yours Aye! Rick