knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

Post by Dougster »

Fun to watch, as usual. Glad to see you at it.

Dougster

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Glad to see you able to start back up on her, look forward to following your progress this year. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Glad you are back at work Rick!!! Jeff

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Life in the bilges. :lol:

Latest vLog on YouTube

https://youtu.be/UCQ6rBsgFgo

Not a word was spoken, for a change! :D
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Had to stop watching half way through the glare off that bald head was blinding me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Job well done. :D
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

TomW1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:56 pm Had to stop watching half way through the glare off that bald head was blinding me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Job well done. :D
That space is for rent for advertising! :lol:
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Hey fellas

On todays vLog I show you exactly how to loose weight building a boat. :lol:

https://youtu.be/lUiOmjl0qLQ
Yours Aye! Rick

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Rick, congrats on the weight loss!!! Did you receive your last order? UPS says it was delivered last Thursday!! Jeff

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Jeff wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:01 am Rick, congrats on the weight loss!!! Did you receive your last order? UPS says it was delivered last Thursday!! Jeff
Hi Jeff

Yes it's in Ogdensburg, just haven't picked it up yet. UPS used to have an app on their site to advise if the order had been received. It's no longer there. All's good buddy.

Cheers!
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Hey Fellas & Gals

I managed to work myself ahead in YT video's so we put the camera's down for awhile and decided to knock out some jobs. Our latest venture was glassing the aft cockpit panels that will be permanently attached. And, you know it's going to get busy when the Admiral is preparing lists. Here's ours checked off.

Step 1: Sand and wipe down everything. It got dusty.

Lori even jumped in to do the corners! Facebook VIdeo

I estimated we would use about 1 gal of epoxy. The glass we used is a 28 oz/sq yd quadaxial because it's what we have in leftover pieces large enough to get the three main areas done. The panels with red tape on the edges will be semipermantenly removable.

Looking over the finished job.

I think she's happy we're done! Certainly went a lot faster with two of us pre-wetting and rolling out the glass & peel ply. Alone probably would have taken me 3-4 hours. Both of us together knocked it out in about an hour.

It was warm in the boat shed about 90 degs F so even with slow hardener we had to scramble. Made it through without any epoxy kicking off on us! I'm just a little bit tired. Being Canadian and the fact our igloos just melted last week 90 degs is a wee bit warm on this old fart.

Thanks for lookin in. Hope you're all well and happy and building boats.

Cheers
Yours Aye! Rick