knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TheBroomside
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

Post by TheBroomside »

Rick,
Nice t o hear all is well with you and the build.
You have lots of space around your engine. Keep it like that, you will enjoy it.
I am quite happy with the 28 feet of the Luka. But working at the engine and the drive train - and this will happen - is a pain. Then I am missing an extra 2 feet, life would be easier then.
Still a big fan of the TW28.

Peter,
Lus

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Great to hear from you Rick. Motor looks great in that space.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

G'day folks

Been waiting anxiously for supplies. Great Service from BBC and I had epoxy in my shed in 3 days from FLA to Upstate NY. Doesn't get any better than that. All in I an get the Marinepoxy in my shed for $130 Canadian per gallon. To contrast that with the best price I can find here in Eastern Ontario is $235/gallon. Also got across the border into NY to get to HarborFreight for some shop supplies. My friends in Australia sent me a new full face respiratore mask. I never really expected anyone to buy me anything off of my Amazon Wish List but they did. Wonderful people.

Othere than that wile I was waiting I got the deck glued into the hull in the fwd berth area. Also milled up some white oak for the rubbing strip that'll run along the hull seam.

https://youtu.be/o-h0iqowxNw

Back in the shed after the long weekend. Happy Canada Day to those North of the border. Happy 4th. of July to those to the south.

Cheers

Rick & Lori
M/V SHE:KON
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Rick, thank you for the kind comments!!! I really enjoy your build!!! Jeff

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Great to see you back at it!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rickk »

Glad you're back at it Rick. Can you zoom way out and give us the overview of what is done and needing to be done? I'm guessing you are getting close?

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Rickk wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:26 pm Glad you're back at it Rick. Can you zoom way out and give us the overview of what is done and needing to be done? I'm guessing you are getting close?
Hi Rickk.

I'm not even close to finishing this monster off. Inbetween family obligations, shitty weather and Covid the last two years have been disappointing. Picking up the pace a bit this year. I'm feeling a lot better after loosing 80 lbs of bacon. :D I broke out the sport camera's this week and you can get an overlook of the boat in the latest YouTube offering.

https://youtu.be/Gi5RE8Fe738

Still a tremendous amount of work to do. I should have the whole fwd section including decks and cabin done in the next week or so. After that I need to firm up the main cabin structure and get the sides on. Don't know if I'll be able to get to the main cabin top this year.

Thanks again. Cheers!

Rick
www.she-kon.com (YouTube channel)
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Here's today's Rough Cuts video. It's a long one. Filleting, taping & peel ply of fwd deck to cabin front join. Had to scamper before some very nasty weather moved in.

https://youtu.be/ZGjK6cPqrDA

Cheers

Rick
www.she-kon.com (Youtube channel)
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Yesterday's vLog update:

https://youtu.be/oMhSgcf1RK0

Today's Rough Cuts:

https://youtu.be/ojtVJYhn1mQ
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Sorry I haven't been around her lately. My bad. I've been terribly busy. Boat work and life obligations.

Here's my latest vLog update:
https://youtu.be/tJxew3mDDLo

Dealing with the forward wind screens and side deck issue. Plenty of fitment issues again my fault. I did notice when doing the wind screens both port & starboard sides were cut differently. Looked like a tool offset issue by the CNC. In the end I had to make a new panel from the starboard side, which fit better. They should have been mirror images of one another. Have encountered this with the CNC cut kit before. I assume these issues have been dealt with by now.

Our YouTube channel had quite a few videos now. www.SHE-KON.com

For those that werw wondering She:Kon is the traditional Mohawk greeting which means Greetings/Hello and is pronounced Say-Go. We live in a village called Iroquois of which Mohawk are the largest nation within the Iroquois Confederacy.

You can follow along with daily picture postings on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KnottyBuoyz/

I will try to be back more often.

Cheers

Rick & Lori
Yours Aye! Rick