knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

Post by Jeff »

Nice Rick!!! Jeff

blueflood
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by blueflood »

Hi Rick,

Oh man, the patience :wink:
This is a huge boat project and you and Lori are still plowing along. I hope this season is productive.
If I ever drive down the east 401, I will make sure to stop and visit.

Keep plugging away :D

Marc
p.s. retirement from DND in a year or so. Big step tho and still debating but having Penny at the dock right in front of the house kind of makes me itchy to just hand in the release papers and work part time for a while.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Rick looking good you are moving along! I think I have gone through about 3 computers and bought and sold CL OD18 had hip replacement surgery as well as shoulder replacement surgery. Keep on going along and you will be launching in no time. Do you have a g eneral launch date end of 23 of 24 or 25? High quality building takes time.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

TomW1 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:16 pm Rick looking good you are moving along! I think I have gone through about 3 computers and bought and sold CL OD18 had hip replacement surgery as well as shoulder replacement surgery. Keep on going along and you will be launching in no time. Do you have a g eneral launch date end of 23 of 24 or 25? High quality building takes time.

Tom
Hi Tom

I think we could have it in the water in a couple of years. That's optomistic. We're hoping for a much better year this year. I've got my temporary woodshop which helps, means I can start earlier in the year building out the internal furnishings and work a bit later into the season. Thanks for looking in.
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

TomW1 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:16 pm Rick looking good you are moving along! I think I have gone through about 3 computers and bought and sold CL OD18 had hip replacement surgery as well as shoulder replacement surgery. Keep on going along and you will be launching in no time. Do you have a g eneral launch date end of 23 of 24 or 25? High quality building takes time.

Tom
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Hey Folks

Lori and I have put together a video scrapbook of the very early days of our boat building adventure. A lot of this stuff I had totally forgotten about. :doh: This is just one of the ways we spend our long dark nights up here in the Great Frozen North. There'll be a few more coming soon that'll take us up to about the point where we started posting videos on YouTube. So follow us along on our walk down memory lane.

https://youtu.be/NFAHEwtiJG4

Yours Aye! Rick

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Fun to watch. I've been following your build for some time and always enjoy the videos. What a project!

Dougster

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Dougster wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:52 am Fun to watch. I've been following your build for some time and always enjoy the videos. What a project!

Dougster
Thanks Dougster. Really appreciate it. More fun to come.

Cheers!
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

This weeks slide show is the assembly and raising the Stimson Bow Shed.

https://youtu.be/K3g9YWxcw5o

It was a lot of fun looking back that far.

Enjoy! Cheers!
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Lori and I will be going Live on Facebook and YouTube next Saturday, March 18 @ 6:00 PM EDT. If you would like to join us we'd love the opportunity to hear from all of you and give answers to any your questions about our project. We will be presenting some very exciting updates (normally reserved for Patreon Crew) on recent equipment acquisitions and plans for the upcoming boat building season.

Just click the link https://www.youtube.com/live/49M_L-b5ilo?feature=share and hit the "Notify Me" button!

PS. Don't upset Bart by not showing up. He's recovering from dental surgery and gets easily annoyed! 😉

Yours Aye! Rick