knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Hey Fellas

Did up a slide show thing with pics that I took over this past year. Sorta sums up what I got done but there was too many to get into one video. Have a look.

https://youtu.be/9NkueqdLYIk

Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Very good job with the slideshow! With a project this size it may look to an outside observer like things are moving in slow motion (it takes longer than a small boat!). Getting a look at all the steps and seeing things completed drives home how much work you got behind you, and shows that you deserve a big sense of accomplishment. Atta Boy! :lol: 8)
Hank

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Fun set of slides, nice to see. Whole lotta work too. It's sure been fun following your build and I look forward to next year.

Dougster

Jmk2000
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jmk2000 »

Awesome job so far! She’s starting to really take shape. Love the lines. I think I found maybe 4 years ago a blog you were doing when you first started the boat. My the progress is well documented here. (Just found this forum). Keep it up!

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

https://youtu.be/0TQaJsPe7Ns
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Jmk2000
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jmk2000 »

Not sure what happened but you video isn’t playable just an error message

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Jmk2000 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:00 pm Not sure what happened but you video isn’t playable just an error message
It works for me if I click on "Watch on YouTube".
Hank

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Sorry about that. Looks like YT has changed the way it serves up content to outside web sites. Went through this years ago with PhotoBucket and the reason I stopped using their service.

Here's the link to the video in YT: https://youtu.be/0TQaJsPe7Ns
Yours Aye! Rick

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Knottybuoyz wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:04 pm Sorry about that. Looks like YT has changed the way it serves up content to outside web sites. https://youtu.be/0TQaJsPe7Ns
Yes and no... In this case youtube has changed the permission model to require you to explicitly set the video to public. Please edit the video to be "public" and it will display as normal. I can only view the vid if I login to youtube which is one of the noted effects of their model change. Its under the "visibility" setting. Make sure is is public.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Hey Folks.

Lori and I are testing the waters with YouTube this year. We're trying to elevate our video editing skills and adding more cameras hopefully adding up to some improved production value. As well we're also branching out into "Live Streams" to help with our viewers engagement. All of this means a lot more work behind the scenes to edit and produce more interesting videos. That being said this past weekend we tried a Live Stream on YouTube where we had a few folks look in and participate. Mostly just a Q&A session. It went Ok, lighting, focus etc was an issue but we got it done. New camera on order to help with the exposure and auto focus issues. Check it out if you like.

https://www.youtube.com/live/E-ugYLBoGf0?feature=share

Yours Aye! Rick