Putter's D15

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
putter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by putter »

Took her out again this weekend after adding a trolling and starting battery for my outboard and she ran great with just me in it. plan on adding my family to continue to test it out.

I think when i add the extra passenger's weight in the front with additional passengers, i will need to adjust my motor position. this will probably be a back an forth thing based on who is with me.

As for any changes that i wish i made, i will be adding a seat position across from side to side near the rear of the boat to allow me to sit closer to the middle of the boat. this will balance her out a bit better so i do not have to lean way out toward the midline of the boat.
D15 - DONE - Gone Fishing!

Oceola
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Oceola »

Putter,
Nice job on your boat.
When I built my model D-15 I played around with a transverse seat. What I came up with is a sliding seat. It fits across the boat and overlaps the side benches about 2" on each side. It also is just wide enough so that it can hang along and against one of the longitudional stringers. Made from ply and well braced underneath, the braces 2 1/4" back about from each edge allow it to slide back and forth. Foward up against the mid seat it makes a good size casting platform (rubber non skid added to the paint) and when back can be moved to adjust balance with or without passangers. Anyway, just an Idea.
Frank
Craftsmanship means no wrinkles in your duct tape.

putter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by putter »

That sounds very similar to what I have been thinking of. I have been bouncing around the idea ove keeping it low enough to put a seat on it and have a compartment below for storage or to just keep it simple just as you have. Righ now I just have a board that I am going to try out to see how it works. Thanks for the input.
D15 - DONE - Gone Fishing!

jayb01
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jayb01 »

Putter, if I might ask.....where in Cola are you located? Any problems getting registered? Nice Job

Love to see your boat sometime, I live near Murray (unfortunately not on it though).....

Jerry-rigged
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Jerry-rigged »

Putter:

Great job on a beautiful design!

I have told myself that I will never again own a flat bottom boat, but every D15 I have seen pics of looks so good on the water, I may have to break that rule some day.

Enjoy the boat.

Jerry
Fishing from a paddle boat...