Page 1 of 1

just started cs23

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:42 am
by capecod1
my son and i just started putting the moles up on the strong back, every thing is going great so far ,it looks like snaproll is just ahead of me, with a little luck i can learn something from his posts, i hope he does not mind . too hot to work in boston today and too windy to go fishing i will just have to start drinking early today it's friday :!: 8) [/b]

Re: just started cs23

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:35 pm
by tech_support
capecod1 wrote: i will just have to start drinking early today it's friday :!: 8) [/b]

Just dont mess with the ratios of the epoxy. I know how mixing ratios tend to get stronger as drinking progresses. Increasing the epoxy ratio will result in head aches of another sort. Cheers

Joel

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:27 pm
by tech_support
Well, "Capecod1" finished his CS23 a few weeks ago. he sent some pictures, which I have uploaded. Here are a few pictures, below is a link to the gallery to see more ...

http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=537

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:37 pm
by Cracker Larry
Beautiful build! He must be brave to name his boat "Lightning" :help:

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:43 pm
by Knottybuoyz
That's a pretty sweet looking boat!

Is that a production motor bracket or something he built Joel?

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:53 pm
by tech_support
bracket was purchased, so was t-top and leaning post. Console was made.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:50 pm
by Cooper
That is stunning! I intend to start building this same boat within the year, but without the jump cabin. I'd sure love to see more pics.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:48 pm
by Jerry-rigged
Started in July of '06, splashed in Aug of '07 - Wow, 13 months for a CS23 8O

That is humming - with a show-boat finish to boot!! 8)

Very nicely done. What HP motor is that?

Jerry

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:37 pm
by jayb01
What would be a ballpark estimate on the cost of that beauty?

Is that boat to its left the CS23's big sister?

I'd love to see some more pics of that boat.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:22 am
by JimW
We need a couple high rez shots of that boat. Awesome build time dude! That's fast! I would love a nice photo essay of this boat and it's details.

Great job!

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:42 am
by tech_support
I posted all we received. I did request a few more shots, we will see.

Its a very pretty boat. 8)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:12 am
by Daniel Huckleberry
8O 8O :o

I would have been better off if I had never seen those!

I feel a BBV flare up coming on!

Huck

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:56 am
by mecreature
She is beautiful..

It would be cool to see her running.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:39 pm
by colonialc19
Shine, Thanks for posting those pics, Ive seen many like it down in Hatteras but have never seen a CS23 complete, now you got me thinking.
Great looking boat, and I bet it fishes great, awsome console.
Daniel

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:29 pm
by WobblyLegs
W-o-o-o-w:

I'm really starting to wonder how Bateau manages to design 30-foot boats that are 23 feet long!

My 17-foot boat has more space inside than some 20-footers I've seen.

"Bateau Magic = we don't need another 2 feet!"

Tim

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:27 pm
by capecod1
Hi Guys. Just wanted to say thanks for all of your great comments. The boats top speed is 44kts with an E-Tech 225hp engine. Cruise is 32kts. She falls of a plane at 17 to19knts and rides very soft and dry in 2-4ft seas at 22-25knts. She took 750hrs to build. The total cost ran a bit over budget due to the first class materials....but it was my first boat and I didn't want to risk messing it up. I now realize I could have saved a lot of money by using system 3 regular instead of system 3 silver tip. Also, I could mix my own glue and farring compound instead of buying the pre-mixed silver tip. In other words, there are a lot of short cuts that I could have taken with out effecting the integrity of the boat.
I also have to mention Jac and Joel. They helped me tremendously through out the entire process. I couldn't have done it with out you guys.
I will send pictures, but it's fishing season here in New England so you'll have to wait!
tight lines and happy fishing to all
Capt Pete

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:28 pm
by Eric
That really came out nice.

I visited Peter several times during construction (he had purchased the CNC kit from me) and his workmanship was real nice.

The other boat next to the CS23 is his other fishing boat. he had invited my wife and out to fish, I hope that's still an open invitation.

Eric

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:01 pm
by capecod1
Eric WEd Sept. 12 at 6:00 a.m. i will have a opening to go fishing call me

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:55 pm
by mike neal
She turned out beautiful. Good for you.
Is the bracket from Armstrong? Mike

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:24 pm
by Eric
That's a great offer Pete, but we can't make it. I'll be there in spirit.

Eric

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:06 pm
by widgeon
Incredible job, that is a nice ride, with some familiar flair you don't often see in a 23'. I grew up a few miles from 2 major boat plants in Beaufort and have not seen a 23'er with prettier lines.

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:33 pm
by tech_support
More pictures..

Here is the gallery:

http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=537

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:01 pm
by Noti
WOW !!!

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:28 pm
by Q
WOW! indeed.... I would imagine replacement in today's dollars from a plastic company between 80K and 120K... 23 feet is/has always been a perfect size for someone like me here in Florida.....the perfect Florida boat. I was leaning heavily towards the CS 23 for the not so distant future boat when the Abaco 23 surprised me.

That boat is drop-dead-gorgeous. Absolutely lovely lines. Just look at that fore-foot! Slice a 4 footer headsea without flinching!

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:44 am
by ks8
Yes. Well done all around! :)

Need some hi-res pictures for that future Bateau calendar!

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:36 am
by Geomarq
Any idea what the GPH (fuell burn) is? Cust curious due to the low weight of the craft. Excluding the motor, final build cost? Great job!

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:26 pm
by TomW
Geo, final cost depends on epoxy used, outfitting, engine, etc. but figure 30-40000.

Tom