Modified Corsair, Any mod suggestions!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
proman_11
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Modified Corsair, Any mod suggestions!

Post by proman_11 »

Hey Guys, im a relitively new builder from Perth Western Australia. Im 15 now, started the boat when i was 14. First of all, I never planned on modifying the boat as much as I did, and i didnt know much about hull types ect. I am posting this just for your reponses! :D I really want to know what the pros think of it. I think I did an alright job in terms of structure as this is my second boat, first one being a one sheet skiff 8O which me and a friend had to be rescued from in the middle of the Swan River.

Specifications of the boat:The boat was built exactly as the plans, except every square inch of the hull was covered in fiberglass. It was finished mid this year, when I had the brave idea or making it flat floor elimiating waste of space. The boat is build out of marine plywood. The supports are just normal timber planks. Even though I have read that this hull shouldnt house an engine bigger than 4hp, I have trailed the boat, and it could plane, turn quite well and held well in some waves except for the banging of the waves on the hull.

Well the main aim of this post is to get ideas on what to install/build on the boat. I want this boat to be a nice high tech fishing boat. So any ideas and products out there, please tell me!

I am planning to install a side* console on the boat, I have a mercury 15 hp, Can you guys give me ideas on how to install a center console. I have no idea of the parts i need, and the structral parts of the boat... ect...

How do i install an electric underdeck builge pump...ect

Thanks alot guys

Image[/b]
Last edited by proman_11 on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

proman_11
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by proman_11 »

Ok, This is the bottom in. What do you think