FS12 Build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Inside faired and starting with the primer. We painted the compartments before gluing down the seat tops. The plan is to have her finished by the end of this month.

These are bocks of buoyancy foam glued down in the mid seat for flotation.

This is the sides with quick fair applied. We will give the outside of this boat a top notch finish, the inside will be "work boat" level.....

gk108
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by gk108 »

On those foam blocks in the mid seat, they look finished and painted in the picture of the painted compartments. How did you finish them? Also, how did you cast them?
CC, D15, V10

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

On those foam blocks in the mid seat, they look finished and painted in the picture of the painted compartments. How did you finish them? Also, how did you cast them?
We bought them. They are handy to have - but totally impossible to ship! They break and gouge even with fragile handling. If we tried to ship them they would arrive in crumbs. :(

konaphil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by konaphil »

This tutorial and wonderful photos are a significant addition to the Bateau site. Congratulations for a job very well done.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

We are almost there :) last bit of filling and fairing......

Should be painting soon. I think we will use sterling on the outside to show off the really nice fairing job

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky »

Joel,

Slow down!!!!!! 8O I'll never catch up at this rate.....

By the way,...... are you busy this weekend... :D

I did not know you could cut a hatch in the middle row seat. I thought it needed to be solid for support.

Derrick

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

As long as you don't touch the cleats.

That hatch came from the Aquasport and fits tightly.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

dborecky wrote:
I did not know you could cut a hatch in the middle row seat. I thought it needed to be solid for support.

Derrick
The opening is framed out with 2 more layers of 3/8" meranti to support. It just as well could be 1"x1" fir glued under the seat.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Derrick
The opening is framed out with 2 more layers of 3/8" meranti to support. It just as well could be 1"x1" fir glued under the seat.[/quote]

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky »

I think I'll try to come up with a way to put a hatch in mine as well. I still need to fair the bottom after putting on the rub rail.

I need to take a weekend off of work so I can really get something done on the boat.

You guys (Jacques/Joel) should make your way over to my area when the seas are good for an offshore fishing trip. I would love to try and put you on some good bottom fish.

Derrick