Cape Man's Dory

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Cape Man's Dory

Post by pee wee »

Looks pretty . . . . cold! How's retirement working for you, missing work yet? :lol:
Hank

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Sent a post card from the Grand Canyon to the crew at work that said "I hope you are all working long and hard hours."

Other than that, don't miss it at all.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

I'm really enjoying your adventure reporting cape man. Please keep the posts coming. :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

cape man

Post by cape man »

Arches national park today. Had to get in before 7am without a reservation...We parked at the "Windows" at 5:30am . Full moon setting in the west and Dawn creeping in to the east. Magical.
20230505_060038.jpg
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

cape man

Post by cape man »

We spent the day chilling at Dead Horse Point State Park where the Colorado River cuts a deep gorge through the Utah plateau.
20230506_114232.jpg

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

That is some amazing country there!
Some place close to there they have a pretty good dinosaur bone dig/display.

cape man

Post by cape man »

We drove past as the lot was packed and today we are heading north (yes north) for two nights at Dinosaur national monument. Have to go east for awhile and through part of Colorado and then back west into Utah to get there. The mountains here make it so "you can't get there from here" a lot! Luckily we are not in a hurry.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

cape man wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:00 am We drove past as the lot was packed and today we are heading north (yes north) for two nights at Dinosaur national monument. Have to go east for awhile and through part of Colorado and then back west into Utah to get there. The mountains here make it so "you can't get there from here" a lot! Luckily we are not in a hurry.
I highlighted part of your post as that is the way is here it is down here. :lol: May have to go 10-20 miles out of your way to get where you want to go. You may have to had to go further out there in those wide open spaces. :D Keep the pics coming they are great!!!!!!

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Just beautiful Cape Man!!! Jeff

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Larry B »

Great pictures Capeman,
I was born and raised in Utah and it is beautiful country. The winters just got to me finally and I moved out. I still try to make 1 or 2 trips to Utah each year as I really miss the beauty. But don't miss the evening mosquitos.
Have a great trip and be safe.
Keep the pictures coming, love them.
Larry B.
Completed: FL14, OD18