Cape Man's Dory

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Cape Man's Dory

Post by piperdown »

Sure was fun seeing all your travels!
I'm definitely going to have to look at booking the Farnsworth cabin. That's only about 3 1/2 hours away from where I live.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Bring an air mattress. Their mattresses suck. Luckily we were tent camping a lot and bought a good one (REI Dream Sleeper).
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

cape man wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:46 pm Bring an air mattress. Their mattresses suck. Luckily we were tent camping a lot and bought a good one (REI Dream Sleeper).

Good to know!
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

That is one heck of a trip you guys have been on. I bet being home after this long sure feels good!!

cape man

Post by cape man »

Took Clara out a few weeks ago on Tampa Bay and the Jack Plate was shutting down the GPS every time I used it and the water fuel separator that resides in the same hatch as the hydraulic pump had a slow leak out the top where the canister screws in.

Rewired and totally cleaned the hydraulic pump, including replacing the oil, and installed a new water fuel separator. Was a LOT easier the first time when there wasn't a deck on top of everything! Took WAY too long but she's ready for another outing.

No pics...
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

cape man

Post by cape man »

She's clean and organized (kind of), issue with GPS and Jackplate solved, trailer lights, wheel bearings, and tires (including the spare) serviced, ready for a morning departure for Marathon in the middle Keys. Staying in a friend's house on a canal for a week with another friend from Montana and his brother. Hope to post fish pics soon...
49551.jpeg
49551.jpeg (169.26 KiB) Viewed 530 times

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

She looks great Cape Man!! Enjoy your trip and good luck fishing!!! Jeff

cape man

Post by cape man »

By the way...my children and I watched the eclipse from the cemetery that holds my great grandparents and 15 other Watsons in Paragould, Arkansas...
49396.jpeg
49397.jpeg

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Seems you are making good use of that retirement time :D

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice Cape Man!!! Jeff