CS25 Power options

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

CS25 Power options

Post by Doc_Dyer »

Scroll to last post :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Doc_Dyer on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

That's OK.
Max. HP is only my personal opinion as a designer.
USCG calculations probably show close to 500 and I always design overbuilt transoms.
Keep in mind that our boats are lighter than production boats, stronger but lighter. As such they do not require as much HP as a production boat of the same size.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer »

Names I believe so far as aliases

flea- BANNED
pee wee
glossieblack
amc
crabbyz9
johns
low227
EFRENWYMAN
Last edited by Doc_Dyer on Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.

jayb01
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jayb01 »

Two of these 140's would be sweet (esp. with one in counter rotation). Would weigh about 100lbs less than twin 150 4 strokes, and their reputation is fantastic.

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer »

can the CS25 handle more fuel than the 2x55 tanks?

order plans today, just can not wait :D

Thanks,
Bradley

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Yes and you can also have a single tank of you prefer.
You can out max. 140 gallons between the stringers, give or take a few gallons depending on how your welder builds the tank.
You can also install extra saddle tanks under the gunwales.
Keep an eye on the total displacement, that is why we announce the PPI and sole level.
110 gallons go a long way with a 4 stroke like back and forth to the Bahamas from Florida.

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer »

one more, please.....did a search and found my answer thanks anyway:)

what is the overall length with a bracket?
dosent the bracket add 3' to the length

sooo, that would make the LOA to be 28' is this correct?

Thanks,
Bradley

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Give or take a few inches, that is correct. You could call it a 28 footer when fitted with a bracket.

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer »

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:31 pm
TomW wrote:
If you don't know what your talking about don't talk.

Sat May 22, 2010 12:46 am
TomW wrote:
Why the fu*king knock Larry?

Tom

Thu May 27, 2010 8:37 pm
TomW wrote:
Let's get real guy and start dealing with what these boats need and not what a fiberglass boat needs.

If you really want to get into a pissing contest on HP and weight for these boats I will.

Tom

Fri May 28, 2010 2:51 pm
TomW wrote:
Stick to what you do know and I'll stick to what I do.

I know how to take and make changes to a boat and how to calculate what those changes will do.

Let's stick to our areas.

Fri May 28, 2010 5:28 pm
TomW wrote:
deleted no response required to an asshole.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:24 pm
TomW wrote:
CrackerLarry wrote:I had one mounted once, it was a nice one, GA state record at the time
Prove it
Wed Sept 01, 2010
TomW wrote:

Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about on this one guy your being an asshole and only want to hear what you want.

You can accept that or shit and get off the pot and go screaming as your farts light on fire.

Tom
by TomW » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:50 am

I have decided to quit the forum as an active member. Thank you for your assistance and professionalism.

TomW
Yep Richard this Texas group has there shit together. Unlike the Florida group. Nothing has been organized since the 1st Crystal River meet. See your quote below. That hasn't been done since the 1st CR meet. You talk so well but don't follow up on anything. And by the way you didn't make the list I did. Along with a brochure of who was coming and the family members they were bringing. All you did was make sure we had a meeting place and food to eat that wasn't worth eating that first year. You told me not to worry about a list of attendees or boats the 2nd year and since I don't know what happened at Boca last year I'm sure nothing was done.

Don't tell Mad Dog what we did when you can't even do it and don't thank him when you can't do the same in Florida. it shows how two faced you are.
and again
I had fun at the 1st two meetings also as you weren't there. Doc why don't you take one of your dental drills and stick it up your ass and reem your self out maybe you won't be such a bastard after that.

Until you joined I had no problems with CL or Richard now I have to make amends to both of them and will do so when I see them on there turf. But you are such an ass that I can't even open my mouth without you saying something against me. I have had it with you. Go back to your office and don't come back out again.

PD my last post. I have to answer these attacks on me or the misrepresentations that are done. I have been attacked so much here lately that I don't really know what is right and what is wrong. My apologies for integrating them into your site
I don't really know what is right and what is wrong.
At least he said one thing that wasn't a lie. I look forward to making amends on my turf.[/quote]
TomW wrote:
I had fun at the 1st two meetings also as you weren't there. Doc why don't you take one of your dental drills and stick it up your ass and reem your self out maybe you won't be such a bastard after that.

Until you joined I had no problems with CL or Richard now I have to make amends to both of them and will do so when I see them on there turf. But you are such an ass that I can't even open my mouth without you saying something against me. I have had it with you. Go back to your office and don't come back out again.

PD my last post. I have to answer these attacks on me or the misrepresentations that are done. I have been attacked so much here lately that I don't really know what is right and what is wrong. My apologies for integrating them into your site.

Go Texas!!!!
TomW wrote:Paul I'm not pitiful, don't even begin to think that of me, and I won't be on your f**king site again. It's not worth the effort!
by TomW » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:10 am
Ankle a 1/2" radius at the transom is like 2-4 mph off your top end speed. There is no way you should have had that large a radius after fairing properly. Most guys shoot for a knife edge or no more than an 1/8". Your boat will also be noisy from the non-linear flow from the transom edge. I don't know where you got the idea that 1/2" is okay for other XF20 builds but it is sloppy boat building.

Sorry to be blunt but the way you responded to Richard was cavalier and raised my BP. Like oh it's okay everybody else does it that way. Well everybody else does not do it that way and they take the time and pride to get it right.

Respectfully yours, Tom
TomW wrote:Yes it is and why I asked the question!

Doc, Reem your ass with a dental drill! An inactive member does not meen I cannot ask questions you asshole.

I have had it with you Doc go away and don't come back. You for some reason have decided to pick on me since you joined. Go to hell. Yep I have 6 Westlawn courses when there were 11. Jacques took 11 out of 17. Now there are how ever many you say there are, 34? Does that means I know nothing, I guess according to you I don't and Jacques doesn't either.

Have you ever been on anything more than a 36' boat for more than a day or two. Do you know how an inboard engine works and how the shaft goes through the hull and is supported outside the hull. Can you trace all the systems of that engine and boat. Let's see that's the fuel, hydraulic, electrical, cooling, exhaust, ice maker, water system, refrigeration, A/C, radio, radar, vhf, multiple GPS/Fishfinders, Epirb, life raft.

Tell me what boat and where you have ever skippered it. You can't have just been a passenger. CL I know can answer those questions without a problem. Don't know if many others can on this forum.
TomW wrote:I guess he'll be cancelling his room in Boca since he wants nothing to do with this group of people. :doh: Let him go hide in his swamp as far as I'm concerned.