fl12 build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
mecreature
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by mecreature »

that paint job is sweet.. makes me 2nd guess what in the world am I doing.

topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by topwater »

8O Very nice!!!!

gk108

Post by gk108 »

Brightsides lives up to its name. Great job :!: Time to hit the water 8)
CC, D15, V10

jay808
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jay808 »

I had a chance to 5200 the transom pads to the transom, please excuse the motor it is backwards, well here are some pics of it glued on. i might put a fewcoats of graphite over it tomorrow.
Don i rolled on the primer coats sanded it w/220 and sprayed on the 2 coats of brightside only because it would be faster to paint im sure you could have the same results rolling and tipping. Actually i wet sanded the second coat with 600 to spray a 3rd coat but decided not too so i just wet sanded over the 600 with 1200 and used a medium cut compound polish to take away the 1200 scratches then just polished with regular wax polish there is faint swirl mark but it's hardly noticable. Couldve gone with a fine cut polish or swirl remover to get that out but i was more than satisfied with the results. I know ill be repainted it within a few years hopefully next time ill go with a 2 part paint. thanks again all of you for your help and support.

rjezuit
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by rjezuit »

If that's the finish you get when you don't go all the way, I would love to see what you get when you repaint in a couple of years. The finish and boat you built look like show pieces. Rick

sds
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by sds »

8O indeed. Nice!

I might have missed it. What did you use for primer?

jay808
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jay808 »

Sds i used pre kote for primer. I read somewhere on here that prekote was okay over marinepoxy so i decided to go for it. It did cure properly and i had no problems, The epoxy was fully cured and i also srubbed the hull w/soap and water to remove any blush if present, then cleaned with interlux 216. If they had the 2 part primer in stock i wouldve used their 2 part perfection.

sds
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by sds »

Again, great result. I'm taking down notes.

Thanks for the details.

Scott

jay808
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jay808 »

Finally had a chance to splash the boat. Was gonna take some running pics but the wind picked up. Their was times we had gusts around 20 to 25mph really had a chance to see how this dingy handles. Overall i was pleased and did exceed my expectations. No real swells just wind chops. I definately recommend a tiller ext handle. The graphite bottom did hold up well i dragged the boat on the rocks only light scratches on bottom.
Getting ready to launch
My cousin holding the boat so i could get a pic

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

jay, the boat looks great. Enjoy using it.