Cedarock's HM19

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
ericsil
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by ericsil »

Cedar you really did a nice job in the cabin area. I still have not put a finish inside mine, but you give me inspiration to get busy.

The performance numbers are interesting compared with the P19. I was wondering how much gas I was giving up to move to a V hull. Judging from your numbers it takes about 30 more HP to get a P19 to the same speed, assuming we are about the same weight.

Thanks for the good post. I know you will enjoy it.

Betowess
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Betowess »

I ditto what Cracker said, its a really clean/professional helm station and cabin!
And thanks for the play by play on the bifolds, which will help me when I get to that point. That was great and threads like this keep Bateau the great forum it is. Beautiful boat and I'm glad your "old" Johnson is running great. My Johnson is a '78 - if that makes you feel any better. bob
15' Row Dory. C17 in planning

cedarock
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by cedarock »

Thanks guys! I am very exicited, but my bubble was somewhat busted today. Yesterday, I was running it with an aftermarket thermostat and it got hot, so I took out the thermostat and it ran great for the hour or so that I ran it. I thought that it would be a matter of buying an oem thermostat and everything would be fine. Well, today I went out and tried it and the engine went into the slow mode very soon. I turned around and put it back on the trailer and got it home. I consulted with a local mechanic and he thought that there may be a blockage. I pulled the lower unit and put a strainer under the intake tube. I pressed a water hose tight to the thermostat seal and turned on the water. Guess what...out of the engine came a 3/8" piece of burnt crusted rubber that was part of the original impeller. I flushed it well after finding that thing.

I have said this before, but I think that it will be fine now! :D I hope to find time tomorrow to find out.

Thanks again for the compliments!

PaulMcClure
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by PaulMcClure »

Cedarock, I share your pain :lol:

I put my (production) sports boat in the water mid-june. I've been out on it twice since then as the engine wouldn't run properly, died at low speed (great fun in a busy marina). I've replaced plugs, ht leads, installed electronic ignition, replaced the fuel pump, rebuilt both Solex carbs and as of last week, ripped off the carbs and manifold and replaced it with a single inlet manifold with a Weber carb. It now runs fine - at last. I'm off in a bit to fit the throttle brackets I had fabricated yesterday and we should be ready to go, 10 weeks after launch :doh:

Daddy
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Daddy »

cedrock, great looking job! when you got your window channel from jc whitney, what did you order, part no. etc? I looked on their site but did not find it.
Daddy

cedarock
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by cedarock »

I feel your pain Paul! :(

Daddy, here are the part numbers

xm812557 weatherstrip
xm812568 locking strip

Hope this helps!

Daddy