Cedarock's HM19

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
cedarock
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by cedarock »

Thanks guys! 8) Chicago, I work from 8-5 during the week, so I can only piddle on the boat during the weekday evenings but try to hit it hard on weekends.

Don, the carport works great except for bad weather will slow you down. I made some more progress today...finished taping, fixed bow screw-up, and installed the cabin longitudinal frames. I didn't take a pic because a thunderstorm blew up and I was rushing around trying to cover as much of the boat as possible with a tarp (downside of the open carport).

chicagoross
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by chicagoross »

I only get the couple hours a day weekdays - usually weekends end up family time with the kids and wife. You're coming right alon, Cedarock - you're going to be at the point of small, timeconsuming, boring details real soon! :lol:

cedarock
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by cedarock »

you're going to be at the point of small, timeconsuming, boring details real soon!
I know what you mean...during the storm, I came in and started drawing the chase tubes needed to separate the fuel from electrical wires. I have to cross that bridge real soon and is not something I am looking forward to. I plan to run the control cables and switch panel wiring under the gunwhale, so that part will be easy! Creating the safest way to get it from the battery compartment to the gunwhale is what I have been contemplating. Think I have it figured out!

Family time is more important than boats for sure! I only have a wife and couple of dogs to keep up with! That probably allows me a little more boat building time. Maggie takes some time, but Harley Jane and Cricket Sue could care less what I am doing as long as they get a treat every now and then! :lol:

cedarock
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by cedarock »

One evening last week, I glued the cabin longitudinal framing to the stringers and poured approximately five gallons of foam under the sole. Didn't have time to do anything on the boat over the weekend but today, I glued the sole down and glued the cleats on for the berth top. Wouldn't you know that my glue gun had to quit on the first cleat, so I had to resort to my old method. They are held up with sticks, scraps, clamps, spring curtain rods and anything else I could get my hands on!

jgroves
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jgroves »

cedarock,
Boats lookin' great! I didn't realize you were so close... I would love to see you build next time I'm over your way. My wife went to Elon and my sister in law lives in Burlington.
Keep up the good work!!!
Jeremy Groves

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

CR, that's looking great! You are really moving along.

I've also got a lot of family in Burlington, 4 aunts, 3 uncles, about 6 cousins. I get up that way from time to time. Mind if I look you up next time?
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

cedarock
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by cedarock »

Thanks guys. Small world isn't it! Both of you are welcomed to stop by anytime. I live within a mile of the interstate, so you can hop off and you are here.

Jeremy, I was born and raised right across the sound from you and get back to see Mom from time to time. You are building the perfect boat for that area IMO. Maybe, I can swing by sometime and see your fs17. I have been intending on towing the fs12 down there but got so involved in the hm19 that I have let the striper season slip right on by.

Larry, I would love to have the opportunity to pick your brain for a bit as if I haven't already! I will have the cold beverage of your choice waiting!

Shoot me a line when you guys are in the area...would love to get together!

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Will do, thanks :D
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

When that boat is done, will you be dunking her in Jordan or Falls? If so, say so in the thread. I should be sailing by then. I'd love to see it sitting on the water. :)

jgroves
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jgroves »

cedarock wrote:Jeremy, I was born and raised right across the sound from you and get back to see Mom from time to time. You are building the perfect boat for that area IMO. Maybe, I can swing by sometime and see your fs17. I have been intending on towing the fs12 down there but got so involved in the hm19 that I have let the striper season slip right on by.
Cedarock,
Come by anytime!
The sound was good this season :) The stripers are still being caught! Over the weekend I got 22 in about 2 hours. Unfortunatly they are the smaller ones. I usually release all but one anyhow :D
Jeremy