FS18 baseline

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Cracka
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cracka »

JJ. Thanks, I think I like it better myself as well, however, I do like the look of the original but I want to fit a bow mount leccy so I think the flush sheer version will be easier for that.

Tom. The colour I wanted was something like you guys call Fighting Lady Yellow, I've seen it on a number of boats on the net and it looks real nice I think, JGroves's FS17 build looks great in it.

This was the closest I could find at the local hardware store in an aerosol pack enamel. the brand is Easy Way, colour is 4013 yellow. It's distributed in Australia by Master Distributor Paints www.masterdistributors.com.au. Those details straight off the can. It's a bit darker than F.L.Yellow but it's nice. When I do the 'big'boat I'll have to see what's available out here for roll and tip anyhow.

Mick.

Jaap
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jaap »

Cracka,

Very nice work! It is great to see how people prepare themselves for the "job"! These would fit nicely in Jacques 's museum.

jaap

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Mick, thanks don't know what I'll end up with in the states but really like that color over FLY. FLY is to common for me, I'm a little bit of a rebel so don't know what color I'll end up with.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

jgroves
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jgroves »

TomW wrote:Mick, thanks don't know what I'll end up with in the states but really like that color over FLY. FLY is to common for me, I'm a little bit of a rebel so don't know what color I'll end up with.

Tom
It looks like FLY in morning or evening light. But I agree I like the color! That is some nice model work!