Anyone Fishing?

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Anyone Fishing?

Post by Fuzz »

I will only believe if you admit they did all the catching :lol:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:26 pm I will only believe if you admit they did all the catching :lol:
One better… I wasn’t on the boat. This is the crew that I get to provide shore support. I could have gone on the trip but wife was in chemo. I get to clean fish, clean boat, drink beer and listen to the stories. This time repairs and other fixes look like I’m repairing the steering starboard motor (fish bit the electric control in half), building more wind-ons, adjusting/redesigning some drag plates, milling a different angle on some high speed skirt heads, and figuring out why the head won’t stay shut.

I may have figured out how to be “in the fun” even though I’m not allowed to be in the fun.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

What are they - mackerel? :doh:

cape man

Post by cape man »

Wahoo. A kind of mackerel but the flesh is awesome compared to others.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I believe ono is a name you might be more familiar with in your longitude. They are excellent raw, they cook to firm swordfish texture (in my opinion) and are very very lightly flavored even after freezing. The stomachs are very fatty and make excellent taco, soup, or salad ingredients with a light cook. All other parts need a plate and a knife to be suitable for God’s table.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

BarraMan

Post by BarraMan »

cape man wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:52 am Wahoo. A kind of mackerel but the flesh is awesome compared to others.
OK, Wahoo I know - was a toss-up! Can’t say I have ever heard of “ono”! [-o<

cape man

Post by cape man »

It's the Hawaiian name.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

As rose by any other name is still a rose is it not? (Or however Billy Shakespeare said it)

“Giant, angry, boat-steering-eating mackerel” wasn’t sexy any any language.

Today we had wahoo poke. The captain showed up with a “whaaat?” Looks like I will be feeding three post meat run…
36EEDA8F-5344-4BA9-A914-C66C042227F4.jpeg
C8CF76F3-08AC-434E-B255-DD6CD44F34C1.jpeg

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

Last time we were in Hawaii there was a place near where we stayed that sold ono ceviche, and man that was good! We had some every day we were there and still talk about it. :D
Hank

cape man

Post by cape man »

The guys didn't have to go far.. off the dock in front of the house. Spring on the Alafia River!
35561.jpeg