Completed FS17

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

Nice work.& I am only a bit jealous,honest :lol:
Just 1 question...did you put extra frames in at the bow & stern?
Steve

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

That is a sweet looking boat :!: :!:

Spokaloo

Post by Spokaloo »

If you are in the south, Im sure you will be fine on the stern.

E

onemilehigh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by onemilehigh »

Would enjoy seeing some performance numbers when you get them.

KRE
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by KRE »

If you look at the gallery pictures you'll notice that I built the boat real close to the dirt (maybe a canditate for a name here!). In any case the motor could not be mounted until after I moved the boat onto the trailer. I completely rigged the boat including all harnesses, cables, hardware, etc, while it was close to the groud (easier on old bones). I had access to a calibrated Dillon load scale...so I used it when I lifted the boat onto the trailor. Also wanted to make sure I did'nt pull the roof down on my new paint! 780 pounds, no battery, no fuel and no engine, but everything else. Seems light compared to production boats. We'll see.

Extra bulkheads added aft of frame A for the anchor locker, and forward of Frame D. Not quite as far forward as C+.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

If you are in the south, Im sure you will be fine on the stern.
Do sterns squat lower in the North :doh:

I don't see any problem there. Look how stout and secure the motorwell is 8)

gk108

Post by gk108 »

Nice job! I'm looking forward to seeing it in April. 8)
CC, D15, V10

cape man

Post by cape man »

Very nice. Finish looks fantastic, and love the hatches. Is that a light on the front of the console?

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

780lbs for the hull sounds great and that is lighter than production boats one of the nice things about Jacques designs and the stitch and glue composite construction method. The 60HP should be nice on her. I'm looking at about the same weight and engine on my C17 when I get her built.

Eric is there something we do different in the south that you don't do in the Northwest. :doh:

Tom

remedy32

Post by remedy32 »

KRE,

Boat looks fantastic...congratulations! It also gives me a great kick in the butt for next years project...thanks.

I was just about to ask if you had weighted the boat when I saw the most recent posts. I'm guessing that 780 lb. is a bit more than half the weight of a restored 1970's Aquasport 170. Can't imagine what they weigh all waterlogged sitting behind someones house before being fixed up. I'm guessing that the FS17's performance should be very good at this weight.

I think it might be REALLY helpful to all of us if we could gather more information as boats are completed as to actual weight, fore-aft balance point, observed performance etc. This would be especially helpful for designs where it looks like a large number of boats will actually be finished rather than just plans sold.

I was in the Keys last weekend....your weather (even with the wind) is a lot more inviting than here in the north for new boat testing. Hope you can get the boat wet soon and post some more pictures.

Thanks and good luck,

Bill in CT