little clip about "BUUT" CV16 Caravelle

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Re: little clip about "BUUT" CV16 Caravelle

Post by ks8 »

chrisobee wrote:
ks8 wrote::lol:

yeah, right... they could hang it from the ceiling on a mobile with the Saturn V booster. They'd probably balance. :lol:

Now, how can I get her over there to be the commitee boat for your match race with Karel? After I finish painting? 8)

Silly boy. Sail her to europe. As I recall there is an organized flotilla of small boats that cross the atlantic every year.
Maybe he means the mini-transat?

If I attempted that in the CV16 (she's not exactly a mini), I would have to change her name to Measure of Presumption, unless some quite remarkable communication put the idea to me. Life is filled with the remarkable, but that particular communication, at this time, is surrounded by thoughts that are far short of anything I would consider remarkable. :lol: Though, before we laugh too much, tomorrow's adventure is an adventure partly because we don't know its details yet, and much can change in a heartbeat. :)

I'm not too quick to dismiss the idea of the trip with a VG23 or similar, but I'd prefer a 35 or 40, and to have some clear reconciliation of other things I know I must do first, and, then the whole idea of doing it in a CV16 is long gone anyway. :lol: Though, if she is shipped there and back, by a kind donation, I might even try to take care of the shipping of myself for the great race. Shipping the boat is far beyond the current budget.

Of course, if the race is run anyway, and many pictures sent, there is always, photoshop? Photoshop'ed clips to be included in the next sequel about "BUUT", of course. :)

Leon_Steyns
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Leon_Steyns »

You don't want to cross the Atlantic in a Caravelle. I know I'm not... 8O

If you like transatlantic races: there are many. OSTAR, ARC, Minitransat or Transat 6.50 (yes, 6.5 meter-long/short yachts), the Artemis transat, just to name a couple...
Greets, Leon Steyns.

chrisobee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by chrisobee »

I was thinking of ARC, though I was thinking that the boats were smaller than those that seem to participate in ARC. They are not really small boats but a man deserves a little poetic license.