Panga 22 Curacao

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Fonda@kauai
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Panga 22 Curacao

Post by Fonda@kauai »

Looks good Bart 8) Me likey the stitch and glue leaning post. Where did you decide to run your scuppers? I'm still debating wether to run them out the stern lockers or through the motorwell just on the other side of the motorwell dividers :doh:
Aloha

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

Bart, it looks great man!
Those gunwhales are smooth, console and leaning post look great 8)

whats the holder in the motor well for?? flag pole, green stick, center rigger???? just wondern'

Daniel

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Bart she sure looks sweeet! 8) Won't be long till you launch her!

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

She's looking great. Like the console and leaning post. They are made for each other.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Bart-Curacao
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bart-Curacao »

@fonda: im running my scuppers tru the motor well
@colonialc: the pole is to do some surfing behind the boat if she is fast enough 8)

i have a question about the scuppers. These are the scuppers i bought

I have my doubts about the scuppers because the transom in on a angle the ball is not above the hole but at the end of the scupper. anyone experience with these scuppers? also what kind of hole should i make tru the transom i was thinking about putting in a pvc pipe wit a diameter of 4cm does that sound oke?

thanks in advance

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Bart I know this kind of scuppers a friend of mine had them on his Dusky, they work oke i.o. the ball will close of the hole when water enters because of driving backwards for example,although because of this ball they drain a little slow did you buy those at the Freedom machine? that shop also sells the rubber flap scuppers i think I would trade them in for those, but first wait for the opinion of others.
Your boat is looking great btw can't wait to see it drive the turquoise

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Bart/Peter, Larry and I will both disagree with you on those scuppers, as far as we are concerned they are not worth a d***. Both of us had wet feet to often with them. The ball wil get off center and not seat or a little peice of junk will get in there and they won't seal. They just don't work right more than they work wrong. There was an other scupper discussion a couple of weeks ago when we discussed these.

Bart yes exchange them you'll be happy you did.

Look for something like this http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse. ... ,8104.html and these even have a shim so they set straight up and down or you can build one http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse. ... 15293.html

Tom
Last edited by TomW on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Tom I think we do agree I wrote "they work oke i.o",oke isn't good or great :wink: I also wrote "that shop also sells the rubber flap scuppers i think I would trade them in for those" 8)

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Peter I don't like a plain rubber flap either they tend to get twisted out of shape over time and not seal. Want something I can count on in a following sea or backing down on a fish to seal up.

Tom
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

We don't have that much choice here Tom :( It's either trade those in for those rubber flap things or buy others over the net and stay with those or trade them in for a complete different item 8)