Page 1 of 1

Panga 22 Curacao

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:22 am
by Bart-Curacao
Saw some people who where interested in the panga 22 project so decided to start posting my progress.

This is where im at right now:

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:34 am
by tech_support
very nice, thank you for posting the pictures.

It looks like you hold the current record for number of shop dogs

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:48 am
by Bart-Curacao
haha i got 6 so that might be true

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:57 am
by peter-curacao
Bart-Curacao wrote:haha i got 6 so that might be true
Westpointers?
Btw very cool boat 8)

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:52 am
by Bart-Curacao
yes 5 westpointers and 1 labrador

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:54 pm
by Fonda@kauai
Looking good Bart! I see you used a lot of kerfs, makes it a lot easier yeah? Are you gonna put a bilge in her or scuppers? Trying to make up my mind on that one. And I see you have a 3" chase for the steering and what looks like 1 1/2" for the fuel and the other one is for electrical I'm guessing? Just wondering about your wiring, see if there's any ideas I can steal :D

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:06 pm
by SaltyD
Nicely done Bart. 8) Look at the sheer on that sucker! I'm almost ready to start my PG22, can't wait. Thanks for the inspirational pics. :D

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:39 pm
by Bart-Curacao
I think im gonne use scuppers. The second tube from the left is 2" and is for electrical. The kerfs made it a lot easier to bend i used 12mm plywood instead of 10mm so it was almost impossible to bend without the kerfs.

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:53 pm
by saltponder
"It looks like you hold the current record for number of shop dogs"
Maybe in unlimited category, but Larry holds the current retreiver record.
Gil

"Outside a dog, man's best friend is a book. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx.

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:14 pm
by saltponder
Bart,
Nice job. Did you use soft or hardwoods on the splash rails?
On my PG 20, I'll use both a bilge pump and scuppers. The 20 is not self-bailing at rest from what I recall.
Gil

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:37 pm
by Fonda@kauai
Just a suggestion, but I would run the electrical through that 2" before you glue down the sole. Those short turn 90's might give you a headache :doh:

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:29 am
by Bart-Curacao
Got some work done this week. Put the foam and the sole in place.

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:34 am
by peter-curacao
Looks like someone didn’t go to the carnival :wink: Nice Job BartImage

PS you bought the foam here?

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:49 am
by Bart-Curacao
haha thats right to hot to go stand in the sun all day :) i bought the foam on another website dont know if i can post the site here... if you want you can call me 5286617

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:56 pm
by peter-curacao
Fonda@kauai wrote:Just a suggestion, but I would run the electrical through that 2" before you glue down the sole. Those short turn 90's might give you a headache :doh:
Just take an air compressor blow a string trough it with a little piece of foam attached to it, then pull the wiring with the string trough the pipes no headache at all

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:18 pm
by cape man
I ran my electric through 1.5" with short elbows no problem. It got a little crowded but everything went through in the end. I used a shop vac to suck a piece of wadded up paper tied to a piece of 100lb braided line, and then pulled everything individually (tie another piece of line to the wire you are pulling). Wished I had used 2" so I'm sure you will be fine.

Boat is looking great. Was my other choice when I was looking but it's too much for the 40hp motor I own. You and Peter are going to have to go fishing together!

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:12 pm
by Bart-Curacao
What size scuppers would you guys recommend? i saw 52mm on the plans but with the choppy sea over here i think that there is gonne come a lot of water in the boat... so should i buy bigger ones?

Do the scupper have to be in the transom lockers or can you put them more to the middle?

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:21 pm
by jacquesmm
That is probably 52 mm radius, 10 cm diameter.
I agree that large scuppers as safer.

Re: Panga 22 Curacao

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:29 am
by D2Maine
nm

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:32 am
by Bart-Curacao
here are some photos where im at right now:

started with primer on the inside:

trying out hardware on the console:

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:27 pm
by Fonda@kauai
Looks good Bart 8) Me likey the stitch and glue leaning post. Where did you decide to run your scuppers? I'm still debating wether to run them out the stern lockers or through the motorwell just on the other side of the motorwell dividers :doh:

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:18 pm
by colonialc19
Bart, it looks great man!
Those gunwhales are smooth, console and leaning post look great 8)

whats the holder in the motor well for?? flag pole, green stick, center rigger???? just wondern'

Daniel

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:41 pm
by TomW
Bart she sure looks sweeet! 8) Won't be long till you launch her!

Tom

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:24 pm
by cape man
She's looking great. Like the console and leaning post. They are made for each other.

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:05 am
by Bart-Curacao
@fonda: im running my scuppers tru the motor well
@colonialc: the pole is to do some surfing behind the boat if she is fast enough 8)

i have a question about the scuppers. These are the scuppers i bought

I have my doubts about the scuppers because the transom in on a angle the ball is not above the hole but at the end of the scupper. anyone experience with these scuppers? also what kind of hole should i make tru the transom i was thinking about putting in a pvc pipe wit a diameter of 4cm does that sound oke?

thanks in advance

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:16 am
by peter-curacao
Bart I know this kind of scuppers a friend of mine had them on his Dusky, they work oke i.o. the ball will close of the hole when water enters because of driving backwards for example,although because of this ball they drain a little slow did you buy those at the Freedom machine? that shop also sells the rubber flap scuppers i think I would trade them in for those, but first wait for the opinion of others.
Your boat is looking great btw can't wait to see it drive the turquoise

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:21 am
by TomW
Bart/Peter, Larry and I will both disagree with you on those scuppers, as far as we are concerned they are not worth a d***. Both of us had wet feet to often with them. The ball wil get off center and not seat or a little peice of junk will get in there and they won't seal. They just don't work right more than they work wrong. There was an other scupper discussion a couple of weeks ago when we discussed these.

Bart yes exchange them you'll be happy you did.

Look for something like this http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse. ... ,8104.html and these even have a shim so they set straight up and down or you can build one http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse. ... 15293.html

Tom

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:28 am
by peter-curacao
Tom I think we do agree I wrote "they work oke i.o",oke isn't good or great :wink: I also wrote "that shop also sells the rubber flap scuppers i think I would trade them in for those" 8)

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:36 am
by TomW
Peter I don't like a plain rubber flap either they tend to get twisted out of shape over time and not seal. Want something I can count on in a following sea or backing down on a fish to seal up.

Tom

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:54 am
by peter-curacao
We don't have that much choice here Tom :( It's either trade those in for those rubber flap things or buy others over the net and stay with those or trade them in for a complete different item 8)

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:18 pm
by TomW
Just had a thought Peter if the rubber ones are all you can get bolt/epoxy a peice of metal to the outside. A couple of bolts and a peice of aluminum should keep them flat. or 3 or 4 bolts depending on there size.

Tom

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:31 pm
by Cracker Larry
It's either trade those in for those rubber flap things
I'd take the rubber flaps over the ping pong balls. They suck. Can I say that here? If so, they really suck. :lol: