Randy's Low Sheer OD18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Randy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Randy's Low Sheer OD18

Post by Randy »

Preparing to move into the new house has hampered my effort to get anything done on the boat, I doubt if anything is going to get done before the end of the month. As soon as any progress is made I will post pictures in the gallery.

Keep building.

Randy

Randy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Randy »

It has been awhile since I posted on my current build, a low sheer OD 18. The layout will will be similar to the Phantom 18 with an extended rear and front deck and gunnels running between the decks. One difference is that I plan to mount the console on the rear deck, giving a raised driving platform. The sheer follows the top of the lower panel on the OD18, so the upper panel is cut flush.

My goal is to have the boat ready for spring - April 2012.

Randy

ellis4167
New Poster
New Poster

Post by ellis4167 »

How is your build going? I like the idea of a low sheer OD18. I have a 16' commercial skiff that is similar and would like to build a bigger version. I live in San Antonio...would love to check out your boat.

thanks,

Shane

Randy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Randy »

Haven't made much progress in the last year and a half, life sometimes gets in the way. One day the project will get moving again, in the meantime, if you would like to share some ideas let me know.
Randy

ellis4167
New Poster
New Poster

Post by ellis4167 »

I know what you mean Randy. I would be glad to give you a hand with the build when you get to a point to work on it again. My email is. If you get time I would love to see some pictures of the boat. I'm going to start a rebuild on my skiff and am interested in how the sheer and overall layout on your OD compares to mine and maybe get some ideas.

Thanks,

Shane
Last edited by ellis4167 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

ellis4167 wrote:I know what you mean Randy. I would be glad to give you a hand with the build when you get to a point to work on it again. My email is shane at laughlint dot com . If you get time I would love to see some pictures of the boat. I'm going to start a rebuild on my skiff and am interested in how the sheer and overall layout on your OD compares to mine and maybe get some ideas.

Thanks,

Shane
Elis just to let you know,to avoid spammers and other bs, it's better to put your email in letters like this, shane at laughlint dot com
Last edited by peter-curacao on Mon May 20, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellis4167
New Poster
New Poster

Post by ellis4167 »

Thanks...I appreciate the advise!

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Doc_Dyer »

and you can edit your post that has your mail listed