CS23 Charleston SC

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: CS23 Charleston SC

Post by Cracker Larry »

Tom makes a good point about the trim and it's good to be able to isolate the tanks if you get contamination in one. Each tank has to have a shut off valve by USCG requirements anyway.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

Leotis
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: CS23 Charleston SC

Post by Leotis »

TomW wrote:Leotis now I would put a valve so you can switch tanks. You will probably want to empty the front tank first for trim reasons and have the center tank which if I recall is more under the console be the main tank. Just depends what size tanks you can get under the sole where Jacques shows them in the plans. I know Jim Wright on his C19 does that with his two tanks.

Tom
I agree with all of you, I just wish now that i could get back home to work on this thing, stuck in Hilton Head, SC.

I planned on doing the jump cabin version Peter, but now I'm thinking I need to do the open with the casting deck so I can put a fish box in.

i've been on plenty of boats in my short life and the one thing i do not like is a cluttered/crowded deck. I want as much free space and room as possible.