OB15 coming together in Central Texas

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
wadeg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: OB15 coming together in Central Texas

Post by wadeg »

As promised, here are some pictures from this weekend.
From the back. You can see the graphite/paint transition problems really well here.
Paint is finished. Rubrail is on as well as some of the rigging. The spots where primer is showing will get kiwigrip. The middle of the large hatch will also get kiwigrip (after I figure our how I am going to latch that one).
Here are the kiwigrip area's all taped up. You can really see where I am going to put it in this photo.
Also, the gunnel decks and the rear casting decks will get some kiwigrip.

I have added even more pictures to my album:
http://picasaweb.google.com/atxsyndicat ... directlink

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

That's a beauty 8)

Cracka
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cracka »

G'day Adam,

I checked your album, the boat is looking awesome mate. I really like the light blue kiwigrip, its sets the boat off nicely. No doubt it will be kinder on the eyes in the bright sun as well.

The console looks good in its home, are the plates in front of it for cooler tie downs (hows that, I'm even talking like you blokes now, we call coolers eskies down here).

Next time your at the boat, and if you remember (you probably know off the top of your head anyhow) what is the length and width of your cockpit, bulkhead to bulkhead, gunwhale to gunwhale (inside) .

Looking forward to seeing it float and see how she performs.

I just noticed the drains in the rear bulkhead, do these run to a sump with a bilge pump do they.

Mick

wadeg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by wadeg »

Cracka wrote:G'day Adam,

I checked your album, the boat is looking awesome mate. I really like the light blue kiwigrip, its sets the boat off nicely. No doubt it will be kinder on the eyes in the bright sun as well.

The console looks good in its home, are the plates in front of it for cooler tie downs (hows that, I'm even talking like you blokes now, we call coolers eskies down here).
Yep, that is exactly what the plates are for. The cooler holder brackets will be mounted there to hold the 94qt cooler that also doubles as extra seating up front. The console will be hinged using detachable hinges to the battery box so that I have good access to the wiring and batteries under it. also, an aluminum grab bar will be mounted to the console.
Cracka wrote:Next time your at the boat, and if you remember (you probably know off the top of your head anyhow) what is the length and width of your cockpit, bulkhead to bulkhead, gunwhale to gunwhale (inside) .
The cockpit length is 7.5 feet, but I do not know the total width and this also varies according to point. I will get the width measurements for you this evening at three separate locations, aft, center and forward, inside to inside.
Cracka wrote:I just noticed the drains in the rear bulkhead, do these run to a sump with a bilge pump do they.
These drains run to the compartments behind them and then to the bilge which will have two pumps installed. One automatic with float control and one manual (in case I really take a lot of water). Originally, I was going to run these drains out the the transom using thu-hull -> hose -> ball valve -> hose -> thu-hull, but after pondering on it for a while and reading postings on this forum, it was decided that there was no way I could make this deck self bailing as the boat is just really too small.

For those that are interested, here are some pictures of the kiwigrip I put on last night.
The blue kiwigrip matches the Sterling Ice Blue really well.
Not perfect, but not bad either.
Yep, the Kiwigrip applied to the rear seat is not quite identical on both sides. Too late now to do anything about it though.

flatpicker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flatpicker »

Man, that thing looks good. 8)

topwater

Post by topwater »

Very nice ...love the layout :!:
Novi 23 finally launched !

sitandfish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by sitandfish »

Just keeps getting better. Really like the toe space under the console and the battery hatch. The blue on white is great.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Beautiful work and great layout. Very cool.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Love the colors really well layed out and nice work.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

wadeg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by wadeg »

Cracka,

This width measurements of the cockpit are as follows. All measurements are in inches.

inside outside
aft 52 69
middle 52 1/2 69 1/4
forward 46 1/2 64

The console is only 18 inches, so plenty of room to walk around. This is also the reason the cooler will be placed lengthwise.