OB15 coming together in Central Texas

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
wadeg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: OB15 coming together in Central Texas

Post by wadeg »

Cracka wrote:G'day Adam,

I'm glad you have had the boat out and dirty, how is it going, are you happy with it. Do you have any updated piccies/etc.

I don't mean to hijack, so I hope you don't mind me asking this, a 15' Key West centre console has come up down here on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Key-West-center- ... 2304d94389. The boat was imported by a bloke in Sydney who is a yacht importer.

Being an American import I know nothing about them and have not been able to find any reviews as such on the net. I found their website but it doesn't tell much. I posted the question on another forum I frequent but I havn't had many replies. Do you know any thing about these boats at all, good or bad, handling etc, it appears to be very similar to the OB15 and if I got it at the right price it could be a viable option for me.

If you don't mind me asking, how much has your hull cost completed, not including trailer and motor.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Mick.
Mick,

Sorry it has been a while since my last post and I know that I promised more pictures and performance numbers, but the holidays and weather have not permitted. This weekend I will have the boat out and get some definite performance numbers and new pictures.

I am pretty happy with the hull design and the weight of the boat. She gets up on plane real easy with the 40hp I have and is a very dry ride. I am glad that I put the batteries under the console and the fuel up front as the heavy motor causes the stern to sit a little low when she is not moving. I also worry when coming off plane quickly that water will flood the motor well. I have not seen it happen yet though. The stability of this hull is good, but if you are accustomed to flat bottoms, you would think it was a little tippy. It is not and is actually pretty good for a V hull. I have put two 200 lbs guys on one side and she does not feel like she will tip over. This is a small boat though and you don't want big guys jumping around on it too fast.

That Key West is a good looking boat. I did a little searching and it looks like it is the 1520CC model. Here is a topic on iboats dedicated to the Key West boats. http://forums.iboats.com/Boats/Key-West You can get an idea of how well they are built from there.

I don't mind telling you how much I have in the boat, but I am not sure if that is frowned upon in the forums so send me an email at - a t x s y n d i c a t e at g m a i l . c o m

-Adam

Cracka
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Cracka »

G'day Adam,

Just sent you an email.

Thanks mate.

Mick.

wadeg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by wadeg »

Reviewing this thread I realized that I did not post any truly finished pictures of my OB15. Here are some of the pics I took before selling her.

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Very nice! :D
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

wadestep
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by wadestep »

she really turned out pretty. I like the lines a lot.
wade
Completed : OB19, CC14, GV10.