Topwaters NV23

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Tom S.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Topwaters NV23

Post by Tom S. »

Okay that good to hear. I’m about 20 miles south of Boston (that’s where I’m building ) but have a place in Wareham that’s where the boat will go.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Happy birthday topwater! :D

Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

topwater
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by topwater »

Thanks Glossieblack.
Novi 23 finally launched !

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Happy Birthday Topwater!!! Jeff

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

Topwater,

Did you ever try the through hull transducer or did you just decide to go with a transom mount?

topwater

Post by topwater »

Went with the transom mount, worked well mounted to a 1/2" star board mounting plate i made for the transom.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

TopWater, are you going to be able to make it to the get-together in September?? Jeff

topwater

Post by topwater »

Jeff i don't think i will make it but if i have time i mite blast across the state for the day to say hi.

cape man

Post by cape man »

Would love to say hey!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Tom S.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Tom S. »

Tom S. wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:43 am Hey topwater couple of quick questions:
1) how is your transducer working out are you happy with it? Did that location work ? I’m at the point where it would be time to pick an area and glass it. Yours was the first I’ve seen and it’s looks like a great idea.
2) I also have some purpleheart I was thinking of for a keel was there a particular reason that you changed your mind ?
Thanks Tom
topwater wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:47 am Tom the transducer location works perfectly no problems and no spray . The purple heat skeg ended up with a warp in
it , i don't know why and it was easier to build a new one out of some scrap 1/2" marine ply i had laying around.
When i put it on the hull i glassed it with 12 OZ glass. Tom where do you live in Mass :?: I lived there for 48 years.
Hey topwater I asked this a little while back. Now I’m thoroughly confused, exactly where did you mount you transducer?
BB Sig wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:20 am Topwater,

Did you ever try the through hull transducer or did you just decide to go with a transom mount?
topwater wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:25 am Went with the transom mount, worked well mounted to a 1/2" star board mounting plate i made for the transom.