TX 18 Build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: TX 18 Build

Post by Prarie Dog »

Did Huck ever post any performance data on his TX18? These are very interesting boats. Can't wait for a ride in Davids :!:

MarkOrge
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by MarkOrge »

DB, Kudos on making this a family project. I cherish the memories I had building something with my Dad or Grandfather, even though I was likely "getting inthe way" at the time...

I't's all precious.
My Son calls me "The Fish Whisperer" I love it !

dborecky
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by dborecky »

Steven, I will consider that. I may just get another pair but I do have a slight drop going out of the garage... I did not think about the physics of three sets of wheels... :doh:

Seth, the reason I went with the tx over the phantom is that I wanted something different. I grew up in the keys and all the flats boats looked the same. Most still do....

Prarie dog, I rode on Hucks boat. It performed very well with the old 2 stroke he had on the back. I did not have my gps at the time but with 4 adults and one small kid it got right on a plane. I am not too good at estimating top end but I think it went 40mph or so. We will see what it will do with a brand new 2 stroke 90 yamaha.

Mark, Joseph really is enjoying the build.... He gets excited about doing it. I wonder how long that will last when it comes time to fair...

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

Dborecky, you might consider a wing on the front deck to keep from blowing over. :lol: 90hp on that boat should fly :!:

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Prarie Dog wrote:Dborecky, you might consider a wing on the front deck to keep from blowing over. :lol: 90hp on that boat should fly :!:
That is on the plans, we call it a "sneeze preventer".
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

Jaques, I was under the impression that the sneeze preventer was there to keep the boat from sneezing when it is coming off plane. Is it there to kill lift too?
Thanks, Paul

Steven
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Steven »

Lost in translation :). Only to deflect spray.

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

GOTTCHA :!: :D

Daniel Huckleberry
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Daniel Huckleberry »

Good luck to you Derrick. I will be watching with lust and envy. I miss mine and would LOVE to put my next one together with a pre-cut!

I never took specs. I know she would do around 40 but no exact numbers. I didn't do the sneeze guard and didn't regret it. I like the look without it and spray wasn't an issue.

Huck

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

Huck, do you still have your TX? :D