problem...what is going on here?

sterling L.P. topcoats and primers
hooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: problem...what is going on here?

Post by hooter »

I've learned through this that the whole contaminant thing can be tricky to pinpoint. The easiest thing to do is to blame the product but in reality these batches are produced in the hundreds of gallons at a time. If one person has these problems, it is likely not from a bad batch but rather an unknown contaminant as in my case.

Mr Billingsly relayed a story about a 150' motor yacht with a horrible fish eye problem. The paint applicators went to extremes to find out the source changing out spray equip, new paint products, and even trying a different manufacturer of paint. Turns out the final problem was a recent switch to new liners for their paint pots for the spray equipment. The cost savings per pot was $.02. They were produced with minute amounts of silicone to allow the plastic pots to release from the molds. After tens of thousands in changes and experiments, the problem went away overnight with the change away from the silicone laced pots.

All that to say, maybe your syringes would work. Mine certainly did not! It may be manufacturer specific.

Larry B wrote:WOW, thanks for posting that. I was going to use syringes to do the same exact thing :doh: Mine aren't sterle though. I use them for small amounts of epoxy and other things. I will be sure not to use them for sterling. I'd have been in the same boat. No pun intended.
My pain is your reward!

No joke. I am relieved that I found out what was going on and at an overall minimal cost. Now if I could have last weekend back!

hOOter (agreed....happy hOOters are the best kind!)

wej
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by wej »

Glad you can proceed, problem solved....well another one anyway.

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Makes you wonder what we are injecting into people!!!
I am donating my body to a med school. Will make a note in the file to check for fish eyes on my liver :lol: :lol:

Glad you got an answer! Build on!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

feashisuasy

Post by feashisuasy »

Я извиняюсь, но, по-моему, Вы не правы. Я уверен. Предлагаю это обсудить. Пишите мне в PM, пообщаемся.

hooter
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by hooter »

feashisuasy wrote:Я извиняюсь, но, по-моему, Вы не правы. Я уверен. Предлагаю это обсудить. Пишите мне в PM, пообщаемся.

Don't know whether to agree or be offended. Translate??

sitandfish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by sitandfish »

feashisuasy wrote:Я извиняюсь, но, по-моему, Вы не правы. Я уверен. Предлагаю это обсудить. Пишите мне в PM, пообщаемся.
The translation is:

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam. :wink:

tobolamr
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tobolamr »

Oh, another Monty Python reference. Sheesh... :roll:

:lol: