Here is WHY you use good plywood! **UPDATE on pg 6 **

Please see our tutorials and FAQ before posting.
gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Here is WHY you use good plywood!!!

Post by gstanfield »

No worries about hijacking the thread. It's my thread and I don't mind :wink:

Also, I might have exaggerated a bit, I doubt the boat will float above the water, but it'll float plenty shallow trust me on that. I fish the Platte River from pretty much the time it thaws until it freezes over again and during the low water times I drag the bottom every trip, however the water is basically running across the gravel when I do that, not enough to really measure. With about 2-3 inches of water I may scrape the high spots on the gravel bars, but I still float on across them. The only time I've ever gotten stuck on the gravel the water was about 1-1/2" deep and nothing is going to float on that really. :wink:
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

Nanate
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Nanate »

Dude I would love to fish the Platte River! What all kind of fish do you catch? I want to do some good trout fishing but It'll be a long time before I can fish the Platte. I have a lot better chance fishing the White River. So as for the tech stuff, I will probably stick with some a/b exterier grade if I can't find the marine anywhere. Hey thanks for all the help. I have to get going for the day now. We have lots of bad weather & my wife had to run back in the school she teaches at when the radio said a funnel cloud was headed her way. Now I think it's safe for her to leave and I need to get home before it gets bad again. More weather about church time tonight. We have more to pray about in prayer meeting...... :help:
Psalm 22:1-8 Mat.26-28:8

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

The Platte runs about 2 miles from my house so I fish it a lot, but this section near me isn't nearly as good as some parts of it (The famous Miracle Mile is 65 miles away)

Anyway, I mostly catch Rainbows, but some other trout as well, some really nice size catfish about 10 miles away below the power plant and occasionally the lost walleye that decided to swim upstream, but that doesn't happen often thankfully (they are rough on the trout)

Have a good night, stay safe, enjoy church and I'll chat with you tomorrow. BTW, I have a standing invitation for anyone who wants to come on out and do some fishing :wink:

wej
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by wej »

You mean the White River that runs through my back yard???

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

We have lots of bad weather & my wife had to run back in the school she teaches at when the radio said a funnel cloud was headed her way. Now I think it's safe for her to leave and I need to get home before it gets bad again. More weather about church time tonight. We have more to pray about in prayer meeting......
Nanate. You guys make it through the storms okay? Ugly stuff in the south yesterday and last night.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

wej
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by wej »

George I have a trash can that has 20 and a half inches of rain in it since last Thursday

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

8O Wow :!: In that same time we've gotten about 3 inches of snow and about 3 inches of rain :lol:

I'm from Georgia though so I remember the days when it would rain for a week straight

wej
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by wej »

We didn't get 20 inches, the trash can was beside my truck & a retaining wall so it got some extra splash, we still had to have gotten 16 inches or better though.

Nanate
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Nanate »

Hey guys. Thanks - cape man. We're ok here. Yeah it was a lot of really bad stuff. Lots of prayers needed. We didn't get so much of it where we're at. It was a little south of where my wife teaches at and didn't get to bad at my house. George - sounds like you went from one extreme to another! I would really love to visit the Rockies again. Went to CO last July and wanted to make run to Cheyenne just to say I went to WY but we didn't get to. :(
Psalm 22:1-8 Mat.26-28:8

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Well thank God you guys are OK,, we were worried.

As to the Rockies, come on out. There are many good places to fish, I'll even meet you for some fishing if you can only get allmost here. I sure don't mind driving a couple hundred miles for some fishing and fellowshipping :wink: