T's GF12

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
JohnC
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: T's GF12

Post by JohnC »

Hey Paul and T,
You two are moving right along over there, looks like a fun project! :D I do have one concern, T's white t-shirt is way too clean :doh: , he's gonna give the rest of us a bad name.
John

bernd1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by bernd1 »

....I'm interesting how it works without the midseat....please send enough pictures.

Bye
Bernd

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

JohnC wrote: I do have one concern, T's white t-shirt is way too clean
John, he's growing so fast right now that we have to replace his wardrobe every two months, his mother jumped him twice for the new looking shirt and he told her it's all I have. :D

Bernd, will do plenty of pictures. I was a major slacker on my GF18 build with respect to pics and documentation, have every intention of showing all the details on this one.

hockey52
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by hockey52 »

Actually the shirt has a CU logo on it and he wants to ruin it!! :lol:

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

This probably isn't the place to post this pic, but it does impact the GF12 build in the sense that we haven't been working on it. We just got back from an Antelope hunt in Wyoming and had a good ol time, we had SWMBO, T, a recently retired Special Forces Guy and his two kids, a daughter 15 and a son 13. We also met up with George in Chugwater, and had a nice lunch and visit, he's quite a guy.
There were several fellows at the Texas Builders Meet that were impressed with T's ability to catch, clean, and cook his fish. Last week he graduated to harvesting, field dressing, and quartering up an Antelope. The pic below is of him helping a friend with his, the next day, he did his own with very little help. 8) As a parent, I'm sure you guys that have been there are surprised at the things you inadvertently teach your kids. In T's case, he started cleaning fish by accident. I was trying to teach him to be a catch and release fisherman, so I told him one day if you keep that little trout you'll have to clean him. Grandpa showed him how and here we are. :lol:

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Glad to hear that T got his goat, all it took was getting you away for a couple of hours :wink: It was a pleasure to meet you guys, hope to meet up again someday 8)
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

timoub007
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by timoub007 »

Not sure if you're looking for input on putting a tunnel in a GF, but if so you might learn from my build thread.

Sponsons are going to be dictated by the swing of the motor from lock to lock. On the small transom of the little GF's I don't think you can make them very wide. You can also put an angle on the inside surface to make more surface area near the transom.

There are several ways to build them. Either with an angled bottom as they progress aft or by putting a step of an inch or two where they mount to the transom. If you build them flat with the hull bottom they will act more like a permanent trim tab and not allow the bow to be raised when needed.

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

Prarie Dog wrote:
Happy Halloween PDog! and yet he's already looking for Easter eggs! :P Little deeper to the left PD, there's a pink one with yellow dots and a chocolate surprise inside 8)

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

Happy Halloween to you Peter, the rest of it :doh:.

Tim thanks for chiming in on the thread, I think George was able to figure out the dimensions on your tunnel. I printed some pics and used a scale after reading your build thread. George had some different numbers, so we talked about it and decided to bust a move on it. We built the tunnel yesterday and installed it today and glassed the inside of the hull. Here's a few pics.

Fitting the glass.

Mr Prudhomme wetting out the glass around the tunnel.

A side view of the finished tunnel. Hope it's the right dimensions. :D

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Prarie Dog wrote:, the rest of it :doh:.
Sorry :oops: it looks like you are searching for something inside there
Last edited by peter-curacao on Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.