T's GF12

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
timoub007
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: T's GF12

Post by timoub007 »

Looks pretty good from where I'm sitting. How long is it from fore to aft? And how tall is the outlet at the transom?

What thickness ply is the top piece made of and do you plan on venting it? I picked up some 1.5 inch SS 90 degree thru hull fittings for a project I was working on that didn't have enough thread on them for that project. I need to measure them but might be able to save you a dollar or two if you're interested in one of these for the vent.

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

Tim, I'm almost afraid to give the dimensions, don't feel like changing it. :lol:
It's 24" long, 14.5" wide at the front, 1.25" step at front, 4" tall at outlet, 6" wide at top of outlet and 9" wide at the bottom. You had most of the dimensions in your build thread, the others were scaled from prints of your build, hope you don't mind me pirating your design. :)

The plywood top of the tunnel is .5" and I do plan on venting it, you said that you had a baffle in your tunnel but I can't see it, tried to PM you and couldn't get a response so I did a little research and decided to vent the top just aft of the front, where did you put yours? If that fitting is long enough I could sure use it. Thanks for the offer.

hockey52
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by hockey52 »

The boys are out gluing in the stringers before heading to T's hockey game. Pics to follow.

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

Hit some pretty good licks on the GF12 this weekend. Only got a few hours in Saturday, had a hockey game in Denver, but did real well today. Glued the stringers in Saturday morning.
Had to get the boatbuilding dawg involved this morning, think he has a little epoxy on his foot, he's been biting at it all afternoon.
Tabbed the stringers down this morning and glued in the frames this afternoon.
An overhead shot of the tunnel, stringers, transom and rear frame, should be pretty strong.

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Well I was wondering if you guys were ever gonna get back to boat building :lol:

Smart ass comments aside, she's looking good pard 8)
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

hockey52
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by hockey52 »

gstanfield wrote:Well I was wondering if you guys were ever gonna get back to boat building :lol:
This is what has been getting in the way of boat building. :lol:

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Paul was telling me about how you've been all over the place with that kid. He's fortunate to have parents that support him like you guys do :D
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Prarie Dog »

Thanks George, we like the boat and the kid. :)

hockey52
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by hockey52 »

Thanks George. We have fun with it. The hockey season is so long (Aug-March) that most of the families get to know each other pretty good. Especially after several seasons together! :help:

Uncle D
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Uncle D »

I know T will appreciate everything you guys do for him. He's a great kid. Enjoyed meeting him and his friend in POC for what little time I was there. You too Paul. :lol: :wink: J/K amigo.