Page 1 of 1

Old School PH16******Splashed

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:03 pm
by super dave
Posting a few images of the initial setup for my PH16 build. I'm building from a pre-cut kit I received last week from Joel. The quality of the kit is excellent and makes for a quick start. The kit does have a few variations from the basic plans including full height clamping boards for the transom. After dealing with some of the geometry issues I elected to copy the design of Joel's low shear and create slots for the ends of the stringers at the transom, this gives the proper transom angle and dimensions at the deck and will hopefully aid in construction once I flip the hull. Last picture shows some initial fitting of the bottom sections to measure for backing blocks that fit between the stringers. Comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated. FYI, I constructed the back and uprights for the jig from the basic plans prior to receiving the kit and the pre-cut bulkhead and stringers fit together perfectly.

Re: Old School PH16

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:07 pm
by peter-curacao
Looks great! welcome to the club! and good luck!

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:10 pm
by peter-curacao
Not sure but are you sure your bow mold and bulkhead A are dead center with the rest of the frames?

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:17 pm
by super dave
Optical illusion at the bow mold, I used an idea I saw on the forum to use fishing line to set a center line down the jig and everything is maintained in correct alignment. For some reason the images are being cut off on the right side when I post giving a bit of distortion, I'll see if I can fix that in future posts. Thanks for the comments and feedback.

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:25 pm
by peter-curacao
Okay must be the camera angles, just checking because from the bow it looked to far to the right and from the stern to far to the left that's why. Maybe an other idea for when the build is becoming heavier is putting crossmembers ( hope that's the correct English name) between the legs ( those on casters)

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:27 am
by chopperman
Superdave,

Welcome to the forum. It's great to have another Phantom build :lol: As peter-curacao mentioned, on your strongback, you may want to add some lower 2X4's lengthwise, connecting your legs near the casters. As your boat gets heavier, there will be a lot of leverage on the strongback legs, as you roll it in and out of the garage. Any movement of your strongback legs may cause your boat to not be level. :doh: The more you reinforce your strongback now, the less potential problems you will have later.

-Mark

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:51 am
by stickystuff
Hmmm, Looks to me like you live in LaMancha. Good chance I may have built your house. I lived in the acreage. Corner lot on canal on 51st. and 130TH. A- Frame style house. Moved to Ocala area 21 yrs. ago.My PH16 is in photo section. (Sport'N A woody) One suggestion. Keep it simple and keep it light.Great hull design.

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 am
by Uncle D
Great to see another PH coming together. Looking forward to following your build. :D

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:29 pm
by super dave
OK you guys have scared me into adding another member to the legs of my jig lengthwise. Once I flip the hull I plan on cutting the legs down to have a better height to work inside.

Stickystuff, good eyes, it is indeed La Mancha (west side of Cortes Ave), the house is till holding up strong and weathered three hurricanes, so if you did build it, we thank you for keeping us safe. My "old school" theme had your boat in mind and I definitely plan on keeping it simple and light. I'm going to use an old Mercury Thunderbolt 50 I scavenged from one of my other boats to power her. That motor has served me well for many years, it's very light and I hope it will have enough power to move the boat at a reasonable speed.

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:40 pm
by stickystuff
If you don't add a ton of compartments and a lot of extra items that you don't need it should come out around 750 lbs. The 50 Merc should get you around 30 MPH> My neice lives close to you. Her name is Roxanne Edenfield. She works at post office in RPB or Wellington.Was in Wellington last time I lived down their. :doh:

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:09 am
by chopperman
super dave wrote:OK you guys have scared me into adding another member to the legs of my jig lengthwise. Once I flip the hull I plan on cutting the legs down to have a better height to work inside.
Sorry about the scare, I just wish my jig was beefed up better early in the build. If you take a look at Joel's FS17 jig you will see a good example of the lower reinforced framing near the casters.

Keep up the good work!

-Mark

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:16 pm
by super dave
Joined bottom panels and stitched together.

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:13 pm
by Bluefish2
Nice! Maybe when the FS!7 is done, just for fun.

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:46 am
by tech_support
looks good, just try to use as few screws as possible

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:48 pm
by Steven
Looks nice. I would hold off on any screws in the bottom, besides at the transom, until you attach the sides. Even then, it's near impossible to pull down the panels with screws without creating depressions. Your goal here s smooth fair lines. The panels do not have to rest perfectly on the frames. Any gaps there are easily filled. The more fair you get it while stitching, the less work you'll have later, and late becomes a lot more time consuming.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:37 pm
by super dave
Joined side pieces and stitched to bottom.

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:48 am
by SmokyMountain
Looks great!! One thing, (you may be planning or have done this) make sure you have a 1/16" - 1/8" space between all of the panels so you can avoid hard spots. It's hard to tell from the photos if there is space. I used tile spacers and cut paint stirrers into pieces to space my panels.

Andrew

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:35 pm
by super dave
Glued seam between tie wraps, removed and sanded for taping.

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:55 am
by chopperman
It's a boat :!: I loved this part in the build and how quickly the hull took shape. Nice work :wink:

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:55 am
by stickystuff
Now were cookin. Nice job. You ain't hav'in fun yet. You will see. :D

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:47 am
by MarkOrge
Wow she is coming together nice, and quick !

Welcome!!

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:49 pm
by BassMunn
Aaahhh that brings back memories, looking nice and neat.
You gonna love that hull :D

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:08 pm
by cottontop
Great work so far. You are going to love her. John

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:34 pm
by cape man
And then there was a boat!

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:01 pm
by super dave
All seams taped.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:00 am
by TomD
Is that a crack on the left side panel (look into the computer)?

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:31 am
by thb
It sure looks like a crack to me when I looked at it as well. First thing that crossed my mind when I saw that picture. The ply might have some visual bands in it which make it appear to be a crack. Will await the answer.
Tom in Steinhatchee:)

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:45 am
by stickystuff
Could be burn marks from dull router bit. I have also seen dark wood in the laminates also. I am sure it is nothing serious.Looks great. :D

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:57 pm
by Doc_Dyer
super dave wrote: Image

looks like wood pattern :)

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:53 pm
by super dave
Optical illusion, no cracks, this is very high grade marine ply. All parts are cut from BS 1008 (Lloyds certified and stamped) Okoume plywood. This wood just has a lot of color in the grain.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
by tobolamr
Lookin' good!

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:12 pm
by super dave
Sanded out edges of seam tape and glassed the transom.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:13 pm
by super dave
Glassed one side.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:53 pm
by chopperman
Wow, You're really moving fast :!: You're glass work looks nice and clean :wink:

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:29 pm
by super dave
Completed glassing the other side.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:54 pm
by stickystuff
Kickin Butt boy. Ahhhhh, You better move the clothes off that hanger in the garage. I guarantee you they won't be clean any longer.Soon as you start sanding your wife will run your arse out of the garage. Hope you have some wheels on that cart to roll it outside.Ask me and 500 other builders. :lol: how we know.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:49 pm
by super dave
Not my first rodeo...I've learned the hard way...should have seen the mess I made building this one.

Definitely built my jig on locking rollers to do the heavy stuff with the pneumatic orbital sander outside but also have a new 5" electric sander that connects to the shop vac that really works nice for smaller sections and no dust on the laundry (or anything else in the garage). :D

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:01 pm
by wegcagle
Nice Duck Boat 8) What size mud buddy is that on the back? Those damn thing are loud and stink, but man they can push a boat through anything.

Will

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:14 pm
by super dave
It's a 9hp (Honda) Beavertail with an aluminum frame and SS prop. We use it in a very shallow marsh north of lake Okee with lots of tree stumps and weeds. It will run good in just a few inches of water, not fast or quiet but very reliable and get great mileage on a tank of gas.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:55 am
by tech_support
great glass work :!:

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:56 pm
by super dave
Finished glassing the sides (used some 6oz cloth here). Fabricated the skeg from a leftover piece of mahogony from a previous build and dry fitted.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 pm
by BassMunn
Boats coming along nicely. 8)

Just a word of advice - You need to end your skeg about 6" before the transom so that the water has time to clean up before it leaves the transom. I would round the end off a bit as well to let the water flow smoother, you don't want turbulence from it.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:52 pm
by super dave
Sanding...sanding...sanding...

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:26 am
by Uncle D
Sanding is so much fun isn't it. :wink:

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:07 pm
by super dave
Glued down and glassed in spray rail and skeg.

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:06 pm
by Daddy
Very nicely done!!!!
Daddy

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:57 pm
by SmokyMountain
Looks great!! I like the spray rail / reverse chine. 8)

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:11 pm
by cottontop
The "reverse chine" looks great. What material did you use for this? Not being familiar with this boat "yet"(I have the plans for the 18ft.), does this also work as the spray rail? My OD18 rail is aboyt halfway up the side? Your work is beautiful. John

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:03 pm
by super dave
Used some 1" x 2" clear fir for the spray rails that was ripped in half (on the diagonal) on the table saw. 10' lengths for the front and 8' in the back. The front pieces were kerfed every 2" to make the bends easy, fasteners every 8". Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:28 pm
by tobolamr
Very nice work!

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:55 pm
by super dave
Finished cutting back the edge into the plane of the sides and sanding out the tape. Ready for another run of tape along the side.

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:36 am
by stickystuff
Nice job. i never even thought of that when i built mine back in 93. :doh:

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:25 pm
by super dave
After several weeks of sanding and fairing...sanding and fairing...decided to put some pigment into mix and see where I was at. Still needs some work but it's getting there.

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:31 pm
by chopperman
Wow Dave :!: That is GORGEOUS 8)

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:50 pm
by cottontop
Beautiful work. Sure is a shame to have to sand that shiny finish "dull" for the next coat, but you really know your getting closer when you get to this point. Keep the pictures coming, please. John

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:55 pm
by peter-curacao
Very nice! 8)

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm
by wegcagle
WOW 8) That boat looks amazing. Nice work

Will

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:12 pm
by MarkOrge
That is one beautiful hull !

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:58 am
by topwater
NICE JOB :!:

!

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:27 am
by timmydafool
Looks awesome!

I also looked at those pics of the deer and that just gives me another reason to move to Florida!

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:09 pm
by Cracker Larry
Sweeet 8) That's just pigmented epoxy?

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:50 pm
by tobolamr
Wow - that looks impressive! Well done!

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:59 pm
by Uncle D
Fine work Dave. Wish I had seen that chine before I had done mine. Would have saved a ton of epoxy.

Don

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:37 pm
by super dave
Back working on the boat for the past month or so, continued with another round of fairing and sanding and now have laid down a couple of coats of primer.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm
by Prarie Dog
Looks awesome Dave, glad you're back at it. :D

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:59 am
by tobolamr
Looking good!

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:27 am
by cottontop
Really good to see you in action again. Boat sure is looking fiiiiiiiine! John

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:14 pm
by super dave
Completed last of the finish coats, let her dry, disassembled the mold and flipped. Reset the strongback height, masked the exterior and started working on the interior seams. Now the fun begins!

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:45 pm
by Flea
very shiny, congrates on the flip! very nice hull

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:18 am
by tobolamr
Really slick looking exterior! Congrats on the flip! I will be watching this build closely and taking notes... :D

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:31 pm
by super dave
Posting a few pics of the last few months progress. Completed install of stringers, bulkheads and clamp as well as a little of the upper framing. Last few shots show all of the decks dry fitted. Next need to finish glassing the stringer boxes and add the cleats.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:41 pm
by peter-curacao
looking awesome! 8)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:37 am
by cottontop
Dave that's looking really good! Who are those forward hatches made by? John 8)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:45 am
by pee wee
Really neat looking work, it's going to be a beauty. Will you epoxy coat the back of the panel holding those hatches in the forward compartment?

edit. "need to finish glassing the stringer boxes and add the cleats."

Sorry, I didn't read carefully and missed that.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:03 am
by Cracker Larry
That is some really clean work :!: Very nice.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:45 pm
by super dave
Forward hatches are from Great Lakes Skipper, link below:

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product/17 ... panel.html

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:09 pm
by Hope2float
Nice clean work. looks very presice from the pics. Very good woodworking. that's going to be a great looking boat.
Dave

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:19 pm
by Flea
Very neat work, and lovely looking wood! 8)

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:04 am
by stickystuff
Beautiful job. Now, where are the limber holes and all rigging tubes?Are we forgetting things? Not picking on you. Some things need to be done before you go any further . Awsome job. :D

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:37 pm
by MarkOrge
Ken - what's a limber hole?

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:54 pm
by peter-curacao
Half round holes at the bottom of the stringers and frames so water can escape from the compartments to the bilge area, not required if you foam the compartments.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:20 am
by stickystuff
A limber hole if it's called right is a drain hole in the bottom of your bulkheads. It allows any water that gets in to drain to the transom area so it can be pumped out.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:20 pm
by super dave
Posting a few pics of the latest progress. Completed the cleats on the tops of the stringers, added rigging tubes and limber holes.

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:22 pm
by chopperman
I haven't seen your build for a while. Very clean and professional work. Coming along nicely 8)

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:00 am
by chicagoross
I second the clean and professional - your cleats look like furniture joints - very clean! Nice work!

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:13 am
by cottontop
Great work! Very clean and neat. John

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:14 am
by SmokyMountain
I'll give that a third. Very nice clean work!! 8) Keep it up.

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:43 pm
by super dave
Here's pics of the latest progress. Added foam and mounted the sole in the front three compartments.

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:58 pm
by topwater
Nice work putting the sole and glass down. Just think all that hard work underneath never to be seen again.

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 pm
by BassMunn
Nice clean work Super Dave, brings back memories (the boat not the clean work :lol: )

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:43 pm
by Hope2float
That is some fine work on that boat. Super clean work on the cleats and all that followed. Build on
Dave

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:53 am
by flattitude 1976
very happy i found this thread. I didn't know I had anyone close by building.

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:48 am
by topwater
looking real nice Dave 8)

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:46 am
by super dave
Finally got a chance to take a few photos of progress over the past few months. Slow going but it's starting to shape up.

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:22 pm
by antoniekruger
Hi Dave, super work 8) . Very inspirational. This is an awesome build. Keep up the good work. This thread is going on my favourites list. :D

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:13 pm
by Cracker Larry
Very nice :!:

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:44 am
by stickystuff
Looks great. Brings back all the memories of mine. "Sport'N A Woody" I am a little concerned about your transom thickness. Looks like 1/2 " plus one layer of 3/4" plywood. If I see right you need another layer of 3/4. I am afraid you will end up with a warped transom. When you add the jack plate and extend the motor weight further back you will add stress to the transom and will cause it to buckle some. I know this from experience. Hope I see wrong. would hate to see such a beautiful job get messed up. Other than that fantastic job Dave. :D :?

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:57 pm
by super dave
3 layers of 12mm 1088 Okoume, epoxy laminated, heavy biaxial glass inside and out, plenty strong to handle anything you want to mount on the transom with no fears of warping.

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:24 am
by stickystuff
just an observation. Should be plenty strong. Awsome job so far.

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:53 pm
by Mad Dog
Very nice work there. I like that you have finished out all the compartments. Should be much easier to keep clean.

MD :wink:

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:42 pm
by MarkOrge
Nice work ! I love those nice coated bilge and compartment areas.

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:39 pm
by super dave
Been a while since I posted so here's a few pics. Upper framework and motorwell are complete, getting ready to attach the deck.

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:43 pm
by peter-curacao
8O That all looks amazingly good and strong! very good job 8)
Love the rounded corners in cockpit and well

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:00 pm
by tech_support
wow, very impressive ! Thanks for sharing the pictures

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:06 pm
by Cracker Larry
Sweet 8) Very stout too :!:

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:23 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Sweet!!! 8) Nice job on the deck framework, very impressive!

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:38 pm
by stickystuff
You are definitely the Man From La Moncha. Nice job Dave. One of these days I will get back down to Royal Palm. Have some good friends in the acreage. Interesting to see what my old house looks like. A frame on the corner of 51st and 130th.My neice works for the post office in RPB.

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:53 pm
by BarraMan
Wow! That is a really sweet build.

I hope I can do half as well on mine.

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:25 pm
by peter-curacao
BarraMan wrote: I hope I can do half as well on mine.
You will and you do from where I can see it 8)

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:36 pm
by garym
Thats a whole lot of boat.
Looks great.

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:52 pm
by Hope2float
Dave I know you heard this word before SWEET!!! That boat looks great and I second Peter's comment on the radius corners in the cockpit. Very strong looking and fast looking while it sits there.
BUILD-ON!!!!
Dave

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:01 am
by crackedconch
Dave - I'm gonna be in the Acreage this weekend visiting family and would like to stop by to see your build, if you don't mind. I'm looking to start on a FS17 this fall and even though it's not the same boat, the concept is the same. I've done a few resurect from the dead boats, but this is my first start from scratch and I have a few questions. Mostly just to see one under construction. Let me know!

Mike

Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:27 pm
by super dave
Here a few pics of the latest progress. Installed deck, glassed all surfaces, faired and applied a few coats of epoxy. Mike, I'm sorry I missed your earlier post, give me a call when your going to be in the area (681-2500 x4521) and I'd be happy to show you the progress in person.

Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:46 am
by tech_support
8) 8) 8) super nice Dave

Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:30 am
by peter-curacao
Wow! 8) lookst like an ice skating rink Image

Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:55 am
by MarkOrge
That is one sweet looking Phantom. Nice job !

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:50 pm
by super dave
Here's some current pics of the project, getting close to the end!

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:03 pm
by willg
Dang!! That's nice!

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:04 pm
by pee wee
You've got the pictures to prove it was home-built, but it sure looks slick; people will want to know where they can buy one. :D

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:24 pm
by BarraMan
Man that is sweet!

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:30 pm
by jorgepease
Impecable!!!

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:43 pm
by Cracker Larry
You can't buy a boat like that one in the store 8)

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:05 pm
by justin_dwyer
Whoa!!!! That is a weapon, great job!!!

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:25 am
by tech_support
very impressive :!: 8)

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:46 am
by crackedconch
WOW!! That is really nice looking, great job!!

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:53 am
by ks8
Shiney. :D 8)

Made to order. 8)

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:24 pm
by super dave
Finished up the remaining jobs and slipped her onto the trailer.

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:46 pm
by Noles309
Amazing work! 8)

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:59 pm
by ks8
Looks good Super Dave. :D

I'm trying to picture what she will look like after the first stunt... I mean... sea trial. 8)

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:57 am
by stickystuff
Man it looks great. I sure do miss mine. I sold it to a guy in Melbourne. Can't remember his name. I don't know if he still has it or not. Maybe some body has seen it. Its a Sherriffs Dept, green with a 90 HP mariner and a poling platform on it.Would love to have it back and do a retro on it. :( :D

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:57 am
by Walkers Run
Super nice!

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:47 am
by Southern Gent
Nice work, Go Fishing

Re: Old School PH16******Splashed

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:42 pm
by super dave
Motor installed and splashed...click on the last small image for a brief video of the first trial.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:13 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Awesome job 8) Congratulations on the splash :D

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:54 pm
by Steven
Very nice. Congratulations.

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:14 am
by blueflood
Hi super dave,

Nice job, I am impressed 8) and what a nice combo between your ride and your boat. Cannot decide which I like best :lol:

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:52 am
by stickystuff
Nice job Dave. The power lines look familiar. You running the canal out west towards the glades.? palmbeach canal? :doh:

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:24 am
by jacquesmm
Congratulations.
There are several PH16/18 in the WPB area but your is probably the best looking one.

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:50 am
by crackedconch
Very nice Dave!!! I was just in RPB this past weekend, I should have looked you up. Next time. Mike

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:17 am
by tech_support
beautiful boat. I remember the transition to planing (not much) of my PH16, that video brought back memories of it. Pops right up with little change in trim... quick stern lift :)

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:40 pm
by ks8
8) 8)

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:26 am
by topwater
Nice and simple, great looking build :!:

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:40 am
by willg
Beautiful boat there!

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:41 am
by MarkOrge
Wow nice ! No bow lift at all when getting on plane eh ?