C19 New pics of console and foredeck

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: C19 - flipped and have now added upper side panels

Post by Cracker Larry »

Are you both pulling pork?
That's funny right there :lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

TomD

Post by TomD »

Thanks for all the compliments - I guess its all about what you want the boat for! There are no flats here - so to me the boat looks better with the upper panels on!

A few more pics with the molds removed and the floor boards laid down and my old OD 18 console for "scale". It is nice a roomy inside - and I keep vowing to try and keep it uncluttered! Though I doubt my resolve!

Jerry-rigged
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Jerry-rigged »

peter-curacao wrote:
Cracker Larry wrote:
I gotta say, I really like the look of the hull before you added the top side panels...
I was thinking the same thing :idea:
Are you both pulling pork? those customized upper panels looks great! if you're both serious in the remarks you made I think you both lost taste in the progress :oops: sorry about that
You miss-understand. I do think the uppers look nice too. But for what I want a boat for, the C19 as drawn is too much boat. However, without the top side panels, it may be darn near perfect.

:)
Fishing from a paddle boat...

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Jerry-rigged wrote:
You miss-understand. I do think the uppers look nice too. But for what I want a boat for, the C19 as drawn is too much boat. However, without the top side panels, it may be darn near perfect.

:)
:oops: Yea I was a little to fast yesterday commenting your comments sorry about that, to both of you :oops: it's just that I was very enthusiastic about them, I think they look great, maybe better then the original :doh:

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

They do look great 8) I agree. No need to apologize 8)
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

TomD

Post by TomD »

OK I am looking at installing the chase tubes and I have two 2.5" tubes with long elbows - one for each side. Do you think this will be enough or am I being optimistic. I have enough piping for more, just keen to keep it all fairly simple.

Mad Dog
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mad Dog »

TomD wrote:OK I am looking at installing the chase tubes and I have two 2.5" tubes with long elbows - one for each side. Do you think this will be enough or am I being optimistic. I have enough piping for more, just keen to keep it all fairly simple.
Tom, finally a question I have some experience with. I ran three 2" electrical PVC with the long elbow from the console to the transom. Two on the starboard, one on the port. The reason for choosing two on the right is the capacity to chase all the engine controls; 2 wire harnesses(main and PTT), 2 hydraulic hoses for steering, 2 cables(shift and throttle), oil supply hose, oil tank wire harness, and trimtab control harness(four #14 wires). Everything except the hydraulic hoses and trimtab harness runs through the 2.5" engine rigging tube at the transom but it is a very tight fit. I could not have pulled all those components through one 2.5" chase tube.

Another consideration was to keep all the wiring from the batteries and main buss away from the controls so, the third chase tube on the left carries the main power to the engine and all the electrical accessories at the transom (pumps, blower, lights, etc). Like most of the larger builds I also have chase tubes running forward and from the fuel tank to the transom (I like the fact that the fuel line is enclosed under the sole and I can change it out easily if needed).

MD :wink:
Ergo piscor, ergo sum

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Like MD said, you can't run your electrical and your control cables in the same conduit. Aren't you planning on twin engines? If so, I would double what you have. You might want a couple of smaller conduits to the stern for fish finder transducer, bilge and bait pumps, stern light and such.

TomD

Post by TomD »

Ok double it is - much less hassle threading things too

TomD

Post by TomD »

Jacques - or anyone else with the knowledge - I would like to make my gunwales narrower than specified in the C19 plans - is this OK or will I weaken the structure? I think they are 12 inches - I will go for 8...

It will also mean that I reduce the frame width (above the floor boards) - will this be a problem and if so can I compensate by making the frames thicker but narrower?

On a slightly different but related topic, do the frames need 2 layers of biax or is one enough?