C19 New pics of console and foredeck

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
TomTom
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: C19 New pics of console and foredeck

Post by TomTom »

tomtom30 at live . com all one word ....would be awesome to see what you have come up with, thanks.

TRC886
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TRC886 »

It didn't work :doh: PM me through this site, or reply to my e-mail which was sent through this site, and I can get your address from that.

TRC886
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TRC886 »

TRC886 wrote:It didn't work :doh: PM me through this site, or reply to my e-mail which was sent through this site, and I can get your address from that.
I replied to you last Wednesday, sending you the pics. Did you receive them :?:

TomTom
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by TomTom »

Thanks for the pic - was very useful. I think that I am going with white - I have added the bump guard and the wood looks really good against the white primer.

Any ideas what the average C19 weighs?

TomTom
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

C19 - Out of the shed and fitting the T Top

Post by TomTom »

TomTom
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

C19 - Out of the shed and fitting the T Top

Post by TomTom »

TomD wrote:Ok guys - have a chance to do a little more to my C19. I want to stitch the panels tomorrow and wanted some advice/ approval before going ahead.

If I run a string from the transom (A) to the front mold (E), then B,C and D are about 10mm below the string.

I think that the transom (labelled A) is a little too high. I have not measured the transom from the baseline - but I know the other molds are all pretty close (within 3 mm or so). I think that if I lower the transom, then I could get the string to line up between A, B, C and D, but I think that the front mold E would be above this. In other words, if I ran a string from A to E (the front), even after lowering the transom, I would not get all the molds in line up.

Mold B, C and D seem to be about in line with each other, and by lowering the transom, all 4 of these molds would line up.
So.....

1) Is the front mold (E) meant to be so high, or have I made a mistake and should I lower it too?

2) I know you are meant to measure everything from the Base Line - but to prevent rocker, or hook (not sure which one is which) surely by ensuring the apex of all the molds are lined up, I will achieve this and get a fair hull? Will this not be easier than tweaking baseline measurements... or am I about to do something dumb?